Chapter 1: All the Little Things

A/N: This is a caution, this book will have some heavy topics and will get very dark. I will put up a warning when that time comes, but it will be in later chapters. With that being said, I thank you for giving this book a read, enjoy

"Akine! Kacchan's it!" Izuku yelled while trying to run from Katsuki. 

Akine peaked his head from the bush he was hiding behind, only to get run over by a running Izuku. 

"Owwie!" Akine rubbed his head, brown locks of hair becoming messy. Izuku yelled an apology while trying to drag Akine up so they could run away. 

Before they could, Katsuku jumped towards them. Both boys screeched but was cut short when Katsuki tackled both of them to the floor. Akine bursted out laughing as he was crushed from the impact. 

"Got you both!" Katsuki laughed, getting off of them. Akine huffed out another laugh before getting up himself, followed by Izuku. 

"Let's go to the hideout before it gets too dark!" Akine said, throwing a fist in the air. Katsuki and Izuku both followed his action and started racing towards their hideout. It was a treehouse that's been in the old willow for ages. No one went on that side of the park and it was completely hidden from the public eye. 

The three kids climbed the branches and reached for the ladder so they could get to the top. 

They sat on the little wooden bench that was nailed on one of the branches. Akine brought out some plain donuts he stored in his backpack, along with three caprisuns. Katsuki's and Izuku both chorus a thanks and dug into their little snack. 

"I saw a girl in class giving Katsuki 'the look'" Akine laughed which Izuku joined in. Katsuki choked on a piece of donut which made both boys laugh harder. 

"How would you know what the 'look was'?!" Katsuki spoke between coughs. Akine laughed some more before answering. 

"Cause my dad always gives my mom that look! You go Kacchan" Akine snickered. Katsuki hit Akine's shoulder while looking away clearly flustered. 

"A new All Might video released this morning, did you guys see it?!" Izuku asked with shining eyes. Akine and Katsuki both nodded with a big smile on their faces. 

"Yeah it was so cool!" Katsuki cheered with a fist up. 

"Yeah yeah! He was like boom boom and the villian was like ohhhh wahhh" Akine acted out. Katsuki and Izuku laughed at Akine's antics before joining in on acting.

"Just imagine! All of us growing up and becoming pros! Wouldn't that be awesome?!" Katsuki told both of his closest friends. 

"Yeah! We'd be the holy trinity!" Akine laughed. Izuku also nodding from his spot on the bench. 

"Let's do it then! Promise we'll grow up and becoming pro heroes togerher?" Katsuki turned to both his friends. They nodded enthusiastically. 

All three kids turned their bodies towards each other and locked pinkies forming a small circle. 

"We promise!" They said together, laughing at his synchronized they sounded even without counting down. 

"I didn't even realize it got so dark! My mom will be worried" Izuku said after spotting the moon. Akine and Katsuki also looked up towards the moon. The moon reflected off all their shining childish eyes. They sat there admiring the twilight sky for a moment, before snapping out of their trance. 

"We should go, before we get in trouble for staying out too late" Akine broke the silence, receiving nods of agreement. They carefully climbed down the ladder and branches to get off.

Once all three kids were on the ground, they started running towards their houses as fast as they could, which was difficult since they couldn't stop laughing. 

"This is where we split!" Akine huffed between breaths he was trying to catch. Izuku and Katsuki turned towards Akine, all going into a group hug. 

"See ya tomorrow Akine!" Izuku said after breaking the hug.

"Yeah, see ya!" Katsuki added with a high five. 

Akine smiled widely and faced his two best friends "You bet! See you guys tomorrow!" He then turned the other way and ran towards his house. 

Katsuki and Izuku doing the same the other way.

If they would've known what happens to Akine on his way home, they would've offered to walk with him. They would've offered him to spend the night at one of their houses. They would've asked their parents to come pick them up instead of walking home. 

But they didn't know. 

They didn't know that was the last time they would see Akine. 

They would've cherished all the little things.