Chapter 11: Confession

"Mr. Aizawa said that two of the three people turned themselves in, and he was going to question them in the morning" Izuku said as the three were walking to the treehouse. 

"Yeah, so?" Katsuki grumbled, still mad at the people who did that to Akine. 

"I want to go, to the questioning. I'll stick with your teacher, and hear what they have to say" Akine spoke up, a determined glint in his eyes. 

"Why would you want to do that? You can live peacefully here with us, you don't have to bring back bad memories that you were able to forget" Katsuki tried to talk Akine out of it. But Akine shook his head slowly. 

"No, I have to face it. It happened whether I like it or not. And, I have this feeling that, it's more than just a questioning. That, the two are going to speak to me, and only me" Akine explained, turning his attention back on the school they didn't walk too far away from. 

"...Okay, we trust you. If it becomes too much, we'll be waiting" Izuku sighed, also turning to the school. 

After a few minutes, Aizawa walked out of the school. Akine turned and hugged his friends before leaving with Aizawa. 

"Sorry if this is weird, but it has to be done" Akine told Aizawa, who of course didn't hear him. There was silence the entire walk, but they finally turned to a nice home. Wasn't too flashy, it definitely fit the tired hero. 

The door opened and immediately cats started looking for attention. Akine laughed as the cats circled around Aizawa as he walked further into the house. A few cats turned to the boy, who bent crouched down to give them all love. 

"My cats have gone crazy" Aizawa muttered as he watched his cats get excited over air. Akine laughed at that, then floated up to the ceiling, hanging upside down. Akine had an amused smirk as the teacher kept tripping over the cats while prepares their food as well as his. 

'Tomorrow I learn more of the truth, I hope it's enough to find peace' 

Aizawa woke up early, very early. He was dressed in his hero costume, and he look angered yet determined at the same time.

Akine was upside down the entire night so he could gather his thoughts. When the sleepy teacher entered the living room, Akine knew it was time to get his answers.

His most important question being, why? Not exactly why him, he would rather it be him and not another little kid. Especially Katsuki and Izuku. If it meant protecting them, or any other little kid, he would endure the pain all over again. 

They both left the house, this time traveling by car. They drove by the school, all the way to the local jail that the two convicts resided. 

The car was parked, but Aizawa stayed in his seat for a moment. 

"I am so not ready for this" he muttered. He took the files from the passenger seat, and slowly got out of the car. 

"Me neither" Akine muttered back, phasing through the backseat door. 

With every step Aizawa took, the more he wanted to turn back. This case still haunted him, Akine's face still appeared in his nightmares. He was the kid he couldn't save, the kid he let down. But that's also why he's here, he owed this to Akine. He owed him everything he couldn't be when he was kidnapped that night. Even All Might felt the same, the hero was already inside, ready for the questioning.