Chapter 7: Life he Should've Lived

"Can we go see Izuku now?" Akine kept pestering as soon as the group reached town. 

"IT'S 3 IN THE MORNING!" Katsuki yelled back.

"Yeah we know! We didn't say otherwise!" Sero defended. Katsuki ignored them and started walking to his house without saying goodbye to them. 

"You're not going to say bye to them?" Akine floated next to Bakugou as he walked. 

"They're not my friends" Katsuki grumbled. 

"....wow, you really are nothing without me" 

"SHUT UP!" Katsuki went to shove the floating boy but his hands went right through. "WHAT THE?!" 

"Stop yelling in front of my store!" An old man stuck his head out of the door with a broom in hand. 

"WHY THE HELL IS YOUR STORE STILL OPEN?!" 

"Kacchan stop making a scene!" 

"Why could we hug earlier but I phased right through you when you were being annoying?" Katsuki asked after he threw himself on his bed. 

"You can only physically touch me when I allow you to. I made sure you couldn't before I followed you home. You have a nasty temper" Akine answered. He wandered around the room, taking in every detail. "Is your mom still the same?" 

"Yeah, that annoying old hag" Katsuki kept his voice down so his parents wouldn't wake up and think he's crazy. That and he was out way past curfew. 

"That's good" came his reply. He went over to the single picture frame on Katsuki's desk. An old picture that was supposed to be Izuku, Katsuki, and Akine, but Izuku was cut out. 

"....you're hopeless" Akine shook his head in disappointment. 

Katsuki was about to yell profanities but Akine was quick to stop him. 

"Shhh! What if you wake your parents?!" He waved his hands out in front of him. 

"Whatever, I need to sleep I have school" Katsuki went into the bathroom to change and came back shortly after. "Do you sleep?" 

"No, I'll be okay though" 

Katsuki reluctantly put the pin on his dresser, but kept the necklace on, so he could sleep. 

"Kacchan?" 

"Hm?" 

"What school do you go to?" 

"UA" 

Akine's eyes widened but Katsuki had already shut his eyes, so he didn't notice. His surprised look morphed into a small smile and floated to the window. "Our dream school huh?" He muttered to himself, and just continued to stargaze the rest of the night. 

Katsuki woke up grumpily. He stayed out way too late and he almost regretted it. But didn't, because Akine was where he was supposed to be. That made Katsuki remember something. He quickly looked around the room, taking notice that Akine was no where in sight.