Chapter 6: Nothing Lasts Forever

Akine and Bakugou broke from the hug once a loud voice entered their ears. 

"Bakugou! The heroes are here!" Kirishima's voice echoed through the room. 

"Shit, will they see you?" Katsuki got up from his knees, looking at Akine, who floated up to be eye to eye with him. 

"No, I'm only visible to those who I want to be seen by" Akine smiled, taking his boundary off the door. 

Not even a second later, the door was slammed open by Kamui Woods. 

"Hey kid, you alright?" He rushed over to where Bakugou stood. Then gasped at the bloodied mattress. 

"Guys! Come see this!" He shouted at the other heroes that showed up. Mountain Lady and Death Arms ran inside, looking at the scene in horror. 

"Pssst, here" Akine put his Jupiter pin from his backpack into Katsuki's hand. 

"When did you even grab it?" Katsuki whispered so the others couldn't hear. 

"When you thew my backpack to the floor after you saw my name on it. How disrespectful" Akine shook his head in fake disappointment. Katsuki scoffed with an eyeroll. 

"I'll call the authorities, this place needs to be thoroughly looked over immediately" Mountain Lady told the others. While she was making the call, Katsuki wandered out of the room. 

"Bakugou are you okay?!" Kirishima ran over to him. 

"Of course I'm fine shitty hair! And why the hell are the heroes here?!" 

"Language Kacchan, I'm a third grader" Akine covered his ears while floating over to the rest of the group. 

"We called them when you wouldn't answer us!" Sero joined in. He still looked terrified, shaking shoulders and looking at every corner of the building. 

"Your eyes, were you crying~?" Kaminari tensed, looking pale from being terrified not too long ago. 

"I WASN'T CRYING! AND WHY DO YOU LOOK LIKE YOU SHIT YOUR PANTS?!" Katsuki shot back. 

"I wasn't scared!" He denied. Akine smiled and floated over to the table beside them. He waved his hand a little, causing the table to shake a little. 

Kaminari screeched and ran out the doors. The rest of the group following soon after. Akine clutched his stomach while laughing, floating in circles. 

Katsuki snickered at Akine, walking out shortly after. He slipped on the moon necklace that freed Akine from the wardrobe, tucking the charm under this shirt. He also pocketed the Jupiter pin into his jacket pocket, making sure not to lose it. 

"Why do you have rope tied to your wrists?" Katsuki whispered. 

"No clue, I can't take them off" Akine answered simply. He waved around the cut rope, "At least my hands aren't stuck together, that would've made the hug awkward" 

"You're so stu-" he was cut off when Akine moved a little further away. He had his hands behind his back and his knees bent, still floating. His gaze lingered on the full moon that shined in contrast to the twilight sky. 

The moonlight went right through him, and he looked even more faded than he already was because of it. Even with the transparent body, his eyes still twinkled with the childish charm he never lost. Even in death, he never lost who he was. He never stopped being the childish third grader that was taken from the world way too soon. 

Katsuki walked next to him, gazing up at the moon along with him. It all felt unreal to Katsuki, this was always something he could only dream about. But it was really happening, Akine was right beside him like he should've been. Akine lost his whole future, because heartless people kidnapped and murdered him. And they still roamed free.

"Do you know who did it?" Katsuki whispered to Akine. 

"No, I don't know their names. I don't even remember how they killed me, I remember their faces though. I believe there were three in all if I remember correctly" Akine answered, still gazing up at the moon. 

The authorities started piling into the building as well as detectives. The group decided to take their leave after they answered the authorities questions.

"What was in the room, Bakugou?" Sero asked as they walked further from the building. 

"I don't want to talk about it" Katsuki mumbled, hands shoved in his pockets. 

The group made it to the river again, which made Akine stop so he could look. He floated towards his monument, dropping to his knees to look at everything that was laid out. 

Katsuki followed and the group stayed a little behind so he could have some space. They realized Bakugou must've really been affected by Akine's death, because he wouldn't take the time to stop at a monument, especially twice in a single night. 

Akine stuck his hand out to the photo, the flames of the candles growing a little stronger. 

"It's like the light of life, reassuring me that I'm still here" Akine whispered while he watched the flames grow a little. He stood up, this time walking instead of floating, closer to the river until he was in it. He had to float a little so his body wasn't completely submerged. He stood in the middle of the river, looking at the soft movements of the water. 

The moon reflected off the water, making Akine stand out even more. He sighed sadly, turning his gaze at the water below him. He whispered softly, like he was speaking to the river. Katsuki couldn't hear, he wasn't meant to. Because Akine knew it would be too painful if he did hear his words. 

"I wish I can stay with them, 

but I can't...."