Chapter 13: Snow and Donuts

The day of the Christmas festival arrived. It was snowy out, so everyone was bundled up. Akine didn't need to, so he looked exactly the same but also different. He looked happier now, his wrists didn't have the ugly ropes that reminded him of his death. 

"Let's go or we'll miss it!" Akine yelled at both of his friends. 

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO WALK IN THE SNOW!" Katsuki yelled back. It was the first snow, and it was enough to make both Izuku and Katsuki struggle to walk. Akine loved the snow, it was always so beautiful to him. He just hoped it would start to snow during the festival. He wanted the feeling of snow softly falling on him again. 

It was his last night, he knew he would have to be put to rest tonight. This was the anniversary of his death, it's so close to Christmas.

He wanted to spend one last Christmas with his friends and family, but he wouldn't be able to make it to that day. He has to leave now, or he won't be able to be laid to rest. He'll miss his chance, and he's about ready to go.

"Stop complaining you drama llama! They'll run out of donuts if we're too slow!" Akine yelled back, losing every ounce of his patience.

"We'll make it Akine, it's an all night festival" Izuku laughed, "besides, I already see the lights from here" 

Akine turned his attention towards the direction of the festival, and sure enough he could see the warm colors of light. They weren't obnoxious colors, they were nice to look at. Senset oranges and soft yellows, it looked like a painting of a sunset. It went perfectly with the white of snow that laid on the floor. 

"Deku!" 

The three turned their attention to the new voice. Katsuki and Izuku's class waved at them, they all were bundled up in winter gear. 

"Hey guys!" Izuku waved happily. 

"You and Bakugou came at the same time? Isn't that dangerous?" 

"Shut up round face!" 

"Kacchan shhh, Izu is obviously in love with this girl" Akine put a hand over his mouth, making Izuku blush madly.

"What is it, Deku?" 

"N-nothing!" 

"Look look! Donuts!" Akine shouted, point at the food stand.

"Alright, let's go" Katsuki sighed, walking towards the food stand. 

"Plain donut" Katsuki grumbled, hading the man some money.

The man took a donut from the box and gave it to Katsuki. When no one was looking, he handed the donut to Akine who gladly accepted it. He danced in the air as he munched on it happily. 

"Kaaacchaaaan I need moooore" 

"No" 

"PleeEeeEase?" 

"Go bother damn Deku"