Chapter 9: Jupiter

Akine decided to follow Izuku home, much to Katsuki's displeasure. Izuku wanted to spend time with his long lost friend, so he practically begged Akine. After that, Akine would most likely stay in the treehouse, to avoid any fights between the two. 

Izuku walked in, trying to act as normal as possible. 

"Izuku honey what's wrong with your face?!" Inko shook her son's shoulders. Akine looked at Izuku, who had a creepy face. 

"Why do you look so creepy?" Akine asked as he floated upside down. 

"N-no It's not! It was just a complicated day" Izuku stuttered out, reassuring his mother. 

"You look like you've been crying again, is everything okay?" 

"Y-yeah, just been thinking about Akine" Izuku didn't technically lie, it was a good reason for crying. 

Inko gave a sad smile and hugged Izuku. "I know it's hard, I miss him too" she said in a wobbly voice, also threatening to spill tears. 

"It is, but it got better" Izuku said in an equally saddened voice. 

"I'm glad. Now, go get changed and we can watch a movie" she commanded. Izuku huffed a laugh and started walking to his room. Akine stayed behind to give him privacy, and he didn't think Inko was doing okay. He followed her to the living room, where she crouched down by the shelf. She took out a box that had a photo album inside. Flipping through the pages, she found the one she was looking for. 

A picture of Izuku, Inko, Katsuki, and Akine when they all went out for ice cream for Izuku's birthday. Katsuki was threatening Akine with explosions while Akine was teasing him by sticking his tounge out with a finger pulling down one of his eyes, who was unknowingly making his ice cream tip over and on the floor. Izuku was being the perfect child, smiling while hugging his mother. One of the staff members was taking the picture for them, Akine remembers that day clearly. 

Inko laughed to herself and ran her fingers through her hair. She was trying to hold back any tears, saying she missed Akine was an understatement. Izuku was a wreck after Akine's disappearance, and so was she. He was able to lighten up any situation without problem. 

Akine put a hand in her shoulder, allowing her to relax into it. She sighed, putting the box back. She got up and went to the kitchen to prepare snacks for the movie night with her son. Akine followed along happily, like a puppy. She put a bag of popcorn in the microwave and got out some drinks and chips. Akine was floating around the kitchen, when he saw the flower centerpiece slanted. He quickly straightened it, but he didn't notice Inko watching the flowers moving by themselves.

"Uhh, Izu?" Akine called from behind the door. 

"You can come in!" Izuku answered. Akine phased through, continuing to look back at the door. 

"What's wrong?" Izuku asked, noticing Akine's uneasiness. 

"Well, I moved your table centerpiece so it could be in the middle but you mom saw and now she thinks the house is haunted" 

"...oh no" 

"You're telling me! She threw salt everywhere trying to exorcise me!"