epilogue

one year later

"did you forget anything?" my mom asked worriedly as i stood next to my two suitcases. 

"mom, relax, i already got everything," i smiled. 

"okay good," my mom smiled, kissing the top of my head. "the rest of your stuff and your brother's will be on the way to you soon. i can ask younghoon's mother if she wants to send him anything as well."

"can we make a list of snacks you can send?" i pleaded. 

my mom laughed. "of course i can," she hugged me. "are you ready for your flight? hyunjae said he'd pick you up once you arrive."

"i'm ready mom," i nodded. "i'll miss you."

"i'll miss you too," my mom said. "you better get going. don't want to miss your flight. i love you seohyun."

"love you too mom!" i hugged her one last time before she headed back into the car and i waved good bye before walking into the familiar international airport terminal. i checked in quickly, leaving my two bags in the care of the airport staff before walking towards security.

"seohyun-ah!" a familiar voice called out to me.

"chaeryeong!" i hugged my best friend. "let's go!"

"time for uni!" chaeryeong sang in a sing-song voice. "seoul national university, here we come!"

"five hundred hours of vlogging, here we come," i sighed. 

"hey, keep your subscribers happy seohyun. i'm one of them," chaeryeong joked. "five hundred thousand of us are waiting."

"shut up."

the two of us breezed through security and customs -- with some vlogging in between and a lot after -- making a quick starbucks run before finally ending our last moments in taiwan by sprinting towards our gate and making it just in time to board our flight. 

"i swear, if that barista had to redo your whipped cream one more fucking time we would've never made it on this place," my friend laughed as we sat down in our seats. "she must've been new."

"honestly, i felt bad for her, which is why i told her i was fine with whatever it was like the hundredth time," i sighed, looking through my bag for my phone to text my mom that i was about to leave and then switch it to airplane mode. "shit."

"what?" chaeryeong asked.

"i lost my phone."

that ensued a little bit of chaos, as i tried not to freak out and we tried to look for it in our seats. mind you we had to do this quietly, since the flight attendants were starting to close the overhead luggage bins and telling people to sit down. 

"where did you put it?" chaeryeong whisper-shouted.

"i don't know!" i hissed, frustrated. 

"um excuse me, is this yours?"

i whipped around at the unfamiliar voice who was holding my phone. a huge wave of relief washed over me as she gave it back to me.

"thank you so much," i said gratefully. 

"no problem," the kind stranger answered. "i was worried i wouldn't be able to find you, but thank goodness we were on the same flight."

"definitely," i nodded. "where was it?"

"starbucks," she replied. "you were probably using it while waiting patiently as that barista did your whipped cream for the nth time," she joked, making us laugh.