4

seohyun's pov

not gonna lie, after seeing that guy, all i could think of was him. he was hands down one of the best looking people i had ever seen. 

"EARTH TO SEOHYUN!"

i flinched at the loud noise that came from my brother's mouth.

"yah, lee seohyun, just do the waterfall jump one time," hyunjae sighed. "it's one time. you might even like it."

"what if i die?" i said seriously.

"are you kidding me right now? me and younghoon have done it so many times i've lost track. there's not a single scratch on us right now. come on, just do it. for me," hyunjae pleaded with me. "it might be your last chance to do it with me before i leave."

"fuck you for using that as your excuse," i muttered as i got up. "fine, i'll do it."

"yay!" hyunjae exclaimed. "now come on!"

i sighed as my older brother dragged me and pulled me up to a pretty tall rock that overlooked the entire waterfall. it was honestly a pretty amazing view. but look down and oh boy, was i terrified. 

"hyunjae, i'm going to die. i'm going to die. i'm going to die. save me," i clung to my older brother for dear life. "this is waaaaay too high."

"come on seohyun," hyunjae pulled me off of him. "just do it. if you do get hurt, we'll be here, okay? just do it. jump out far so you don't hit the shallow part, by the way. i'm sure you'll be fine, okay? just try."

"okay," i said shakily. "fine."

i took a step away from my brother and near the edge of the rock. i closed my eyes and took a deep breath before reopening my eyes and launching myself off the platform. as i fell, i heard younghoon, hyunjae, and chaeryeong all whooping from different places before i crashed into the cold water. huh, hyunjae was right, it was actually kind of fun and exhilarating with the whole adrenaline rush it gave.

"how was it?" hyunjae yelled from the rock as i surfaced.

"okay, fine, you were right, it was pretty fun," i admitted, making him smile. 

"i told you," he said in a singsong voice.

"oh shut up," i rolled my eyes. hyunjae grinned back at me before jumping off the rock himself and then swimming over to me and enveloping me in a hug. "yah, get off me!"

"ay, seohyun, be honest though, when will we ever have another moment like this?" hyunjae continued to hug me, even though we were still in one of the deep parts of the water.

"how about when we can touch the ground and i'm not swimming for the both of us?" i suggested sarcastically, making him laugh and let go of me as we swam towards chaeryeong and younghoon.

"aww, that was such a cute sibling moment," younghoon said teasingly. 

"i got it on camera," chaeryeong opened her phone and showed us the photo she had just taken of the two of us. it was actually a really good photo. we were both smiling and our arms were around each other. 

"wait i actually really like that photo," i said.

"same," hyunjae nodded. 

"i'll send it to you later," chaeryeong smiled. "anyways, let's keep swimming. we can't be here forever, and maybe we can talk to that guy," she gave me a knowing smile.

"woah woah woah, what guy?" younghoon interrupted.

"just some guy that we saw jumping off the waterfall and he was really cute," i blushed.

"woah," hyunjae's eyebrows wrinkled slightly. "don't fall for him, missy. i'm still your overprotective older brother, remember? don't go looking around at boys with their shirts off."

"says the guy with his shirt off," i snorted.

"at least you seem more over eunwoo now," younghoon noted. i nodded in response.

"look at that guy though!" chaeryeong sighed happily, looking and pointing at said guy so younghoon and hyunjae could see him. "he's breathtaking."

"well, i'm obviously way better than him," hyunjae said defensively. 

"same here," younghoon chimed in.

"you wish," i giggled. younghoon heard me and swatted some water at my face. "i mean, of course you're much better looking that he is."

"much better," younghoon chuckled. 

"okay, well missy, you're not talking to that guy no matter what," hyunjae looked at me. "i will make sure of it as your older brother."

"you never know," i winked before jumping back into the water with my three friends coming right behind me.

the rest of that afternoon was really fun. it really did help me stop thinking about eunwoo and i was really glad that i had time to be with my friends before the school year started again and my older brother went off to college. it got rid of a lot of the stress that was on my shoulders about surviving senior year without my older brother. 

eventually, we all became tired, but who could blame us? we were there for about three hours before we decided to call it quits and pack up to go back home. we swam back towards our stuff, got out, and then began drying off with our towels. we didn't change out of our swimsuits though, for obvious reasons, so the boys just put their shirts on, chaeryeong putting on her shorts and shirt, and i just kept a towel around my shoulders so i could dry off as much as possible, since i was the sure the sun would help with that as we hiked back.

"woah, it's kinda slippery now," i said as we began walking across the rocks that were in the direction of the hiking path. 

"be careful seohyun," chaeryeong turned around to face me. "i know that you can lose balance sometimes."

"i'll be fine," i answered.

or so i thought.

"so, what do you guys want to do -- OH SHIT!"

as expected, i slipped. i stepped onto a large pile of wet moss and lost my balance. i fell backwards, expecting to break my fall onto a gigantic boulder, but instead, i landed in a pair of arms that was holding me quite steadily. 

"oh my goodness, are you okay?"

a/n: yeah so i know i said juyeon was coming soon...he is! trust me! i hope you all like this story even though i've just been writing a lot at once lol:)

{written on august 9th, 2020}