5

seohyun's pov

i looked up to see him.

holy fuck shit it's the fucking waterfall jumping guy oh my fucking goodness my clumsy ass really just fell on this guy -- seohyun what the fuck? answer the guy!

"yes i'm fine! thanks for catching me," i answered in english.

oh fuck.

"i mean, thanks for catching me," i answered in chinese. "hold up," i stopped myself before i spoke too many languages.

the guy laughed. "it's fine," he answered in english. "i can speak english. and no problem. i'm glad i was able to catch you, otherwise something bad could've happened. i'm juyeon, by the way."

"i'm glad too," i smiled. "and wait, are you korean?"

"yeah, why?" he asked.

"i'm korean too! hi, i'm seohyun," i switched over to korean. 

"oh, that's a relief," juyeon smiled at me. 

"i don't know if this i'm coming off too weird by saying this, but can i have your instagram?" i asked, blushing simultaneously.

"i mean yeah, but uh, is your boyfriend okay with that?" he asked, pointing over towards my friends, more specifically hyunjae, who was glaring at me. "i saw you guys earlier and he seemed, well, possessive."

i laughed. "oh, that's my older brother. he's really overprotective of me. i apologize for his death glare," i said, making juyeon laugh.

"well then, yes i'll give you my instagram," he answered. "give me your phone."

i unlocked my phone and opened instagram for him. he quickly typed in his username and followed himself for me. "there you go," he grinned. "i'll make sure to follow you back. expect a dm or two sometime today," he winked. 

"haha okay," i smiled. "well, it was nice meeting you juyeon. thanks again for saving me."

"it was nice meeting you too seohyun. and no problem."

we waved bye to each other as he continued to swim with his friends and i walked towards hyunjae, younghoon, and chaeryeong, who all had very different expressions on their faces. hyunjae looked kind of angry, younghoon looked straight up confused, and chaeryeong looked really excited.

"oh my god seohyun you talked to him! that whole scene looked like something out of a drama," she sighed dreamily. 

"lee seohyun, what did i say about you talking to that guy," hyunjae scowled at me. "he's a pretty boy, and normally pretty boys mean you'll get into pretty big trouble."

"so you admit he's good looking," i giggled.

"oh shut up," hyunjae muttered.

"if it makes you feel any better, he didn't give me his instagram until i reassured him that you were my brother and not my boyfriend," i told hyunjae, causing our friends to laugh.

"to be fair, you two don't really look alike, so i could see why, especially since he probably saw you two," younghoon said. "but seriously, seohyun, what are you getting yourself into? for all you know, he could be way older than you."

"okay yeah i didn't think about that," i bit my lip. "well, i'll look at his instagram when we get in the car. he looks like a college kid, but i don't think he lives in taiwan."

"do you even know his name?" hyunjae asked. "and why wouldn't he live in taiwan?"

"well, he doesn't speak chinese," i explained. "i used chinese and english cause i didn't know which one he used. he can speak english, but he's actually korean. that's why i don't think he lives in taiwan. oh, and his name is juyeon."

"what a pretty name for a pretty boy," chaeryeong smiled. 

"yah, lee chaeryeong, find your own man," i told my friend.

"okay i'll back off! he's all yours," she replied. 

"i still don't think this a good idea," hyunjae sighed. 

"hyunjae, you don't think anything is a good idea when it involves me and the opposite gender," i looked at my brother. "just trust me. if it gets out of hand then i'll stop. i know what's good for me."

"i agree," younghoon sided with me. "bro, just trust her. she knows how to make good choices for herself."

hyunjae took a deep breath before answering. "okay, fine. it's just, well, i don't want an eunwoo scenario to happen again."

"i barely just met the guy," i said. "seriously. hyunjae. trust me. i won't go too far too fast with him. i know my limits and what i am and am not comfortable with. i won't let an eunwoo situation happen again. i promise you."

hyunjae took my hand and squeezed it before letting go and we walked back towards the car. once we arrived, i finally fully dried off and put on my shirt and shorts while younghoon started the car to get the air conditioning running. after we were all ready, we began the long drive back home. despite what i said about looking through juyeon's instagram in the car, i was exhausted. the second younghoon hit the gas pedal my eyes were closed and i was out like a light. 

chaeryeong's pov

"chaeryeong," younghoon said in a hushed voice, careful not to wake seohyun up. "did you actually have a crush on juyeon?"

i sighed. "well, i mean, of course he's cute. but i don't know him. seohyun does. so no, i don't think i do. he's just one of the people that i've found attractive but know i won't actually end up dating."

"good," younghoon nodded. "i wouldn't want a guy to come between the two of you."

"same," i agreed. 

seohyun's pov

my eyes fluttered open as i heard the engine shut off and the car doors began to open.

"seohyun, are you awake?" chaeryeong tapped my shoulder.

"yeah," i said groggily. "what time is it now?"

"it's almost five," hyunjae answered. "we stopped at a rest stop to buy some snacks but we didn't want to wake you."

"oh okay," i nodded, grabbing my stuff and getting out of the car. younghoon locked the car and then the four of us went back up to our apartment. 

"is it okay if i shower? i smell like nasty water," chaeryeong scrunched up her nose. 

"of course," i answered. "i'll go after you. you boys should also go shower."

"yup," younghoon nodded. "mind if i go first?"

hyunjae shook his head. "go right ahead."

our friends headed into the two bathrooms in our apartment and began showering. i could see hyunjae cleaning up the dining room and the kitchen a little bit while i sat in the living room. as i was scrolling through twitter, i got an instagram notification.

@leejuyeons has requested to follow you!

a/n: hehehehe i hope this story is interesting~ not much to say since this is my fifth update in the span of like six ish hours (i'm writing this at 3 am lol)

{written on august 9th, 2020}