17

seohyun's pov

we pulled ourselves apart from each other and look each other in the eyes. instantly, our cheeks turn shades of pink and red and we turned away from each other as we drowned ourselves in embarrassment. what had just happened?

"is it wrong to say i liked that?" i said in a small voice. juyeon heard me and chuckled softly.

"nah, it's not, since i did too," he confessed. 

"well, then here's a little extra present," i giggled, standing up on my tippy toes to reach his lips as i quickly kissed them once more. i pulled away and started laughing at his embarrassed expression.

"wow, didn't know you were such a flirt," juyeon said, trying to save himself.

"i mean, i've been around you all day," i shrugged. "i guess you're rubbing off on me."

"gee thanks," he answered sarcastically. "on another note, now that the tears are gone, it's getting kinda late. i really don't want this to end," he looked down at the floor. i looked down at the floor sadly, sighing, until suddenly, an idea came to mind.

"hey, actually, i have an idea," i looked up as he did the same. "come with me."

juyeon nodded as i opened the door of the tiny glass karaoke room and walked out, holding the door for him to get out as well. i held his hand and we walked all the way down the escalators of the mall -- which weren't working since it was so late -- and to the subway station that was right in front of the mall.

"your idea is a subway station?" he snorted.

"wow, trust the process, lee juyeon," i rolled my eyes at him.

i helped juyeon buy a one-way ticket on the subway before heading towards the entrance and tapping my card on the sensor as he tapped his little coin looking ticket on the same place. he shoved it in his pocket as we began walking down the steps when the subway arrived, somehow just at the right time. we rode it together in silence, despite there being almost no one on the train with us, and after seven stops, we got off the train and left the subway station. 

well, we almost couldn't.

"uh, seohyun, where's my ticket?"

juyeon started panicking as he tried to look through his pants pocket for the ticket that we had bought just twenty five minutes earlier. i stood up and began freaking out with him, before deciding that it was probably smarter to take a deep breath and think it through. 

"okay, where did you last put it?" i asked calmly.

"just my pocket!" he exclaimed. "what happens if i can't find it?"

i shrugged. "i don't know. this hasn't ever happened to me before."

"oh no, i'm going to rot and die in this subway station, without saying goodbye to my parents, without saying bye to my friends even though they can be such little pieces of shits-- OW WHAT THE FUCK why is my seat bumpy?" juyeon let out, exasperated.

"stand up," i rolled my eyes as he stood up and i looked at his chair and burst out laughing. "wow, lee juyeon. i thought you were a model student, yet here you are, freaking out over a subway ticket you were sitting on."

"shut up," he grumbled. "i was worried, okay?"

"be glad that this train is basically empty or we would've gotten into a lot of trouble," i answered. "anyways, let's go."

we got out of the subway train and noticed that there was a scenery change. somehow, we were above ground, and it was raining. so, we ended up walking down stairs to exit the subway station, making sure to tap my card on the sensor and juyeon to slip his subway ticket into the slot.

"shit, it's raining," i mumbled. "i didn't bring an umbrella."

"it's okay," juyeon reassured me. "here."

he took off his jacket and placed it on me, making sure that it covered my head and shoulders. "okay," he said, satisfied. "let's go."

"are you sure?" i asked, uneasy. "i don't want you to get sick from the rain."

"i'll be fine," he said, reassuring me. 

"okay then, let's run," i decided. "let's go!"

i began running down the streets of the city as juyeon followed close behind. there were lot of giggles and laughs exchanged as we ran in the ran, our clothes getting soaked. eventually, i took off his jacket and gave it back to him since it wasn't of much help anyways, and after i convinced him to take it back, he put it back on and we slowed down to a walking pace.

"i used to love playing in the rain when i was younger," i said, pushing my wet hair out of my face. "all the kids in my apartment building would come out and play together. even at school we would sometimes," i smiled at the memories. "it's been a while since i just let loose and walked in the rain like this."

"it feels nice," juyeon smiled as we walked. "it kind of makes you feel relieved of all your stress, somehow."

"yeah," i nodded in agreement.

eventually, we walked for a few minutes before reaching a couple of tall-ish buildings that were surrounded by walls and a gate. i stopped walking and juyeon copied me, confused as to where we were.

"where are we?" he asked, confused. 

"we're at my house," i answered. "i don't think my mom is home, but younghoon and hyunjae might be. i doubt chae is here. anyways, i didn't plan on going inside, but we might have to now that it's raining," i sighed, looking up at the sky.

"i'm sure the rain won't be a big distraction," he said with a small wink. "what did you want to do?"

"follow me," i smiled. i gestured at the gate guard to let us in. the guard grunted in response as the door buzzed and we walked in. i was careful not to trip as we walked fast towards my apartment building and into the elevator. eventually, we reached our destination, and the elevator doors slid open, to reveal a sight that made juyeon's jaw drop.

a/n: i'm so sorry for not updating the past few days! i've been feeling unmotivated lately about school and just really down in general:( hope you all are doing well and please let me know if you have any ideas for this story~

{written on august 27th, 2020}