20

seohyun's pov

i left the boys alone in the living room and then went into my room to grab my pajamas. i say pajamas, but really i mean just a shirt and a pair of shorts. anyways, i grabbed those, hopped in the shower, and once i was done i brushed my teeth, did my skin routine, and went into my mom's room to try to go to sleep.

yes, try to go to sleep, because i genuinely couldn't. the three boys were being so loud and obnoxious that i eventually gave up on the whole idea of sleeping. i dragged myself off my mom's bed and then walked back out into the living room where all the boys were seemingly wide awake, talking and laughing.

"seohyun, you're still up?" younghoon looked confused as he saw me walk in. i nodded and plopped down next to hyunjae, leaning against his shoulder.

"you guys are so loud," i grumbled. "explain to me how a girl is supposed to go to sleep with the sounds of three loud almost college boys coming from her living room."

"do you want us to be quieter?" juyeon asked, looking kind of concerned.

"no it's okay," i yawned. "i'll just drink lots of caffeine and hope i don't crash. thank the heavens school hasn't started yet."

"okay then," hyunjae said. "are you going to keep leaning on me?"

"mhmm," i nodded sleepily. "in fact..."

i took my head off his shoulder and grabbed a pillow off the couch. once i got it, i placed it on hyunjae's lap and shifted my position to lie my head down on the pillow. 

"thanks my pillow," i grinned at hyunjae as i lied down.

"lee seohyun," hyunjae muttered.

"fine," i sighed. i picked up the pillow off his lap and walked over to juyeon, who was on the other sofa with younghoon. seeing what i was probably going to do, younghoon got up and sat next to hyunjae, and i put the pillow on juyeon's lap and repeated what i had just done to hyunjae to him.

"is that better hyunjae?" i asked sarcastically.

"i give up with you," hyunjae grumbled. 

i looked up to see juyeon's face that seemed to be turning very red all of a sudden. "ah, sorry, is it okay if i do this?" i asked him.

"y-yeah, it's fine," juyeon stuttered slightly, making younghoon and hyunjae laugh.

"oooh, juyeon's blushing," younghoon teased.

"shut uuuup," juyeon complained.

"blackmail time," hyunjae added, whipping out his phone and taking a photo of the scene. "there. lee juyeon, you better not get on my bad side, or this photo will be all over school once we're in uni." juyeon sighed at that. "you too lee seohyun. i see some red on those cheeks."

"eh, it's fine," i shrugged. "i already have enough blackmail material of my own to use against you. don't try me."

"whatever you say," hyunjae sighed. 

it was quiet for a moment, until suddenly, i heard the door fling open and my frazzled mother ran inside. 

"hi mom," i turned to face her as she threw her belongings down before looking to face me. 

"oh, hi sweetie," my mom gave me a small smile as she walked over and kissed the top of my head. after she was done, she did the same to hyunjae. 

"what about me mrs. lee?" younghoon said jokingly.

"okay, you too kim younghoon," my mom laughed before kissing the top of his head. "you kids need to get to sleep. it's really getting quite la-- oh? who is this?" she asked, pointing to juyeon.

"hi, i'm lee juyeon," juyeon said shyly. 

"oh, how do you know my kids?" my mom asked.

"that's a story for another time," i quickly closed juyeon's mouth before he could say anything. "i'll explain it later. when you're free. or i'll send you a text message essay."

"mom, if you want a little hint, it has to do with a waterfall and seohyun falling in love," hyunjae said teasingly as i shot him a death glare. 

"hyunjae!" i whined. "did you have to?"

"well, sounds interesting," my mom answered. "i need to get going out again, but have fun. don't do anything you'll regret when i'm gone!" she called out as she grabbed her bag and left.

juyeon straightened. "dang, does your mom always come home this late?" he asked, curious.

"did seohyun not tell you?" hyunjae asked. 

"well, she did, but i didn't know that it was to this extent," juyeon said sheepishly. "it's like six in the morning. how does she function properly?"

i shrugged. "small naps throughout the day. she has to deal with people that live overseas sometimes on the opposite side of the world that choose the worst times to have conversations with her via video call. so, she has to switch to their schedule, leading to this mess," i sighed. "i'm surprised she hasn't gotten sick yet."

"mom's strong," hyunjae replied. "of course she hasn't. anywho, like juyeon said, it's six in the morning."

"so, uh breakfast?" younghoon thought out loud. we all laughed at that.

"i'm not hungry to be honest," i answered. 

"same," juyeon added. 

"really?" my brother raised his eyebrows.

"yes -- oh shoot, my phone's ringing," juyeon interrupted himself, grabbing his phone from the coffee table. "hi -- AGH!"

juyeon instantly jerked his head away from his phone, where a very seemingly concerned person seemed to be on the other side of the line. i mostly could was able to tell because well, i could hear the person, and they weren't on speaker.

"LEE JUYEON WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" someone yelled. 

"uh, sangyeon hyung, can you not yell?" juyeon tentatively brought the phone closer to his ear again. "my friends can hear you."

"your friends that apparently caused you to not get back here the whole night?" the person, or sangyeon, snorted. "i want an explanation lee juyeon."

"hi sangyeon oppa," i cut in before juyeon could speak. "don't worry, juyeon's fine. when do you need him back by?"

sangyeon seemed startled at my voice, causing me to stifle my giggles. "oh, uh, hi seohyun. just tell him to come back so he has enough time to pack his luggage since we're heading back to korea tomorrow."

"okay!" i chirped. "bye!"

"bye," sangyeon replied. "aish, that little--" i heard his voice mutter as he shut off his phone.

"okay, lee juyeon," i pulled him towards me. "let's get you ready to go see your friends."

"no i don't want to," juyeon complained, draping himself all over the couch.

"yah lee juyeon get up," i dragged him off the couch, causing him to fall with a loud thud.

"wow, so scary," younghoon snickered.

"oh shut up kim younghoon."

a/n: hellooo i'm back~ it's been awhile since i last updated, but omg, tbz's comeback! it was so good and the album slaps so hard. i can't wait to get my albums (shipping was delayed because of chuseok, aka korean thanksgiving) and i'll try to update again soon~ sorry this chapter kinda sucked -- it was a filler of sorts~

{written on september 30th, 2020}