𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐫

The next day, when it was almost eleven o'clock, everyone went down to the Quidditch stadium for the Gryffindor versus Slytherin match.

You accompanied Ron and Hermione to wish Harry good luck before his team entered the locker rooms. Usually, you were confident in his skills as a Seeker but the Slytherins obviously had the upper hand today with their latest brooms. Despite your doubts, you believed that they would be able to overcome this and win.

"Hey, girlie!"

Even if you still held a small grudge against two particular members.

You brush past Fred and George, going straight to Oliver, who looked tense at the moment. You motion for him to lean down, and when he did you placed your hands on both of his cheeks. He was looking at you in puzzlement as you began to rub your palms against his face.

"Uh, lass, what're you doing?"

"Touch wood."

"Pardon?"

"Touch wood," you repeat. "It means good luck. Er, at least that's what my Dad said? He said that Muggle teams usually do this before the big game."

He chuckles with a slight shake of his head. "And Muggle teams usually have a member named Wood that they can touch before playing?"

"Not really. They touch literal wood," you said cheerfully, still rubbing Oliver's face. "But it's better if I do this on you instead, so that the good luck goes directly to you."

"Is that so?" He mused, patting your head. "Thank you. I can already feel the luck coursing through my veins." Oliver's expression brightens for a moment.

Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet and Katie Bell went over, also placing their hands on his head. You step back, stifling your laughter when the girls begin chanting random words while caressing Oliver's face, who looked around in bewilderment before harshly slapping their hands away.

"You're right," said Angelina as she stared at her palm, as if mesmerized. "Oliver's good luck rubbed off on us. We should do this more often."

The twins tried to touch Oliver as well, but he evades them and rushes inside the locker rooms, still being followed by the redheads who were reaching for even a strand of his hair. The rest of the Gryffindor team trailed after them with small smiles on their faces, seemingly less tense now. Good, because they needed a clear head if they want to win the match.

You exchange brief goodbyes with Ron and Hermione before hurrying towards the Hufflepuff stands. You sit beside Susan, and a few minutes later both teams walked out onto the pitch. There was immediately an eruption of roars and cheers from different houses, although the Slytherins' made their boos and hisses clear.

After Oliver and Flint shook hands, Madam Hooch begins the countdown.

"On my whistle," said Madam Hooch. "Three...two...one..."

Both teams sped upwards as Madam Hooch blowed on her whistle. Harry was flying above the rest of them, most likely trying to spot the Snitch, when Malfoy begins shooting underneath him at an incredible speed, as if showing off.

You grip Susan's arm as a Bludger came hurling towards him, barely avoiding the top of his head as he ducked. One of the Weasley twins came to his rescue and whacked it towards the direction of Adrian Pucey. You may not like him, but you didn't want to see his face screwed up by a Bludger either.

Adrian Pucey made a move to dodge it, but the Bludger changes course and was pelting straight at Harry again. A few more minutes of Harry trying to avoid the Bludger, you begin to suspect that it wasn't doing this on its own accord. It even ignored the rest of the players in favor of Harry.