𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

"Ron?"

You see him walk out of the library, face slightly red and eyebrows scrunched up. The closer you got to him, the more you realize he's angry. That look was familiar even, and it didn't take long before you connected the dots.

"Did you get into a fight with 'Mione again?"

Ron just mumbles something incoherent and crosses his arms. He did get into another squabble with Hermione, and now it was up to you to patch things up between them somehow.

There was supposed to be an upcoming match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, but you weren't as excited as everyone else. Both Quidditch teams could be seen practicing a lot, especially the Gryffindors who took to training every evening after dinner. You've observed that apart from Oliver, the rest of the team looked less enthusiastic about their late sessions.

You rarely get the chance to talk to Harry now that his schedule was packed with both homework and Quidditch, and with him gone it meant you were usually the peacemaker whenever Ron and Hermione got into an argument. But you've learned that talking to them is quite useless, and the only thing that could ease your friends into being, well, friends again was giving each other some space to cool off. This time is no exception. You usually stay with Hermione, but it looked like Ron could use the distraction more.

"She's in there if you're looking for her," said Ron with a frown. "I'm going back to our common room."

Before he could walk away, you grab ahold of his hand. Ron sighs irritably, turning back to you with an impatient expression.

"What?" He asked sharply.

"You can come with me instead," you offer. "Since we're both free this afternoon, how about I show you something cool?"

Ron raises an eyebrow at this. He was dubious but looked intrigued. He calms down enough that the redness in his face goes away. He fixes a seething glare at the library (or rather who's inside it) before glancing at you.

"Where are we going?" He questions.

You stifle a smile. "It's a secret."

Ron looked even more suspicious at this, but he doesn't protest when you drag him along with you.

△⃒⃘ ⌁☍ ❾¾

The afternoon glow of the sun bursts out from the trees behind Hagrid's cabin. You squinted, sheltering your eyes from the light with one hand while the other was still holding Ron's tightly. He became more hesitant when you told him you had to stop by at Hagrid's first to pick something up, so to prevent him from running away, you grabbed his hand and never let go.

"You know I don't like secrets," he tells you for the fifth time. "If it involves dangerous creatures—"

"It doesn't—"

"Especially spiders—"

"Of course not!" You said with a huff. "I know how much you hate spiders. Even though some of them are quite cute...what's that look for?"

Ron gaped at you as if you've simultaneously broken all known laws under the sun with what you just said.

"Spiders? Cute?" He questions with a nauseated look.