𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩

"Harry?"

Harry Potter doesn't avert his eyes from the flames. The fire crackles soothingly in the hearth, and as far as he's concerned it was the only thing he was going to keep his attention on.

He hears a light thud beside him, the object giving off a golden sheen in his peripheral vision.

"I brought cookies," you said, almost coaxingly. "I realized you haven't eaten anything yet."

Harry merely shifts in his seat on top of the table. He hears you sigh, and he assumes you were already growing tired of persuading him to do something else, as you've been trying to do so for the last ten minutes. Breakfast was over by then. Ron, Percy and the twins hadn't stuck around for long, choosing to give him some space. Clearly, you weren't doing the same thing.

He rarely saw you as a nuisance, and honestly preferred your company when studying over Hermione's (when she was around to always lecture him and Ron) but at this moment, when his head was currently full and vexing, he didn't want to be around you.

But despite his annoyance, Harry refuses to lash out on you when you were only worried for his wellbeing. He knew you meant well.

"Do you not like cookies?" You asked. Harry could see the frown on your face in the corner of his eye.

He shakes his head. "I'm not hungry."

You just stood there for a minute, scrutinizing Harry as if he were from another planet. You weren't used to him acting like this, that much was obvious, but you were being a bit too stubborn to leave him all by his lonesome.

You sigh again and Harry was a tad surprised when you actually turn around and walk away. He half expected you to actually stay and actively pester him until he moved, but this was a much preferred choice.

That relief Harry felt doesn't last for you came back a few minutes later, changed into your thickest winter attire, complete with a scarf and gloves. There was a folded coat in your arms.

"Wear this. I have something to show you."

Harry wonders where you were going with this. He was certain you were never going to leave him alone any time soon, so he might as well humor you and see what you were planning.

"Err, alright," he said, unsure, as he took the coat from you. Your expression brightens at this.

"The pockets have holes by the way, so don't put anything in there."

△⃒⃘ ⌁☍ ❾¾

Freshly fallen snow crunches beneath Harry's feet and yours as you continued walking down to the Black Lake.

The day was wrapped in a whitewashed sky and the cold air nipped at Harry's exposed skin. He was wearing your scarf now upon your insistence and it was helping him maintain his body heat, although he couldn't stop his curiosity upon realizing that it was in his house's signature colors.

He says your name, which catches your attention. "When did you get a Gryffindor scarf?"

"Oliver gave it to me," was your quick response.

"Wood gave it to you?" Asked Harry, blinking confusedly. He knew you were friends with the Gryffindor captain, but he never knew how close the two of you were exactly.

You decided to elaborate. "He let me borrow it before the first Quidditch match started. I wasn't going to keep it, but he said that I can, so I did."

Harry only nodded at your words. He looks around before changing the subject.

"Where are we going anyway?"