𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧: 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐝

"Where's Hermione?" Harry asked, looking around the Gryffindor table for the aforementioned girl.

"Parvati Patil said she wouldn't come out of the girl's bathroom," Neville responded. "She said she's been in there all afternoon, crying."

Harry exhales from his nose before turning to Ron and made a face. The redhead just shrugs, but he instantly pauses from eating when he and (Y/n) made eye contact from across the Great Hall.

She was carrying a bundle of sweets in her arms, clearly struggling, but she manages to give him the stink eye before rushing outside the room.

"She seems angry," said Fred, having noticed the way Ron kept looking over at her guiltily. "The girlie has been looking at you since the feast started. What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything!" Ron retorted, sounding even more guilty than before.

Harry rolls his eyes. "He insulted Hermione after Charms class and now (Y/n)'s mad at him," he explains, glancing at the doors before adding, "I'm pretty sure she's taking those candies to Hermione."

Oliver looks up from his plate at the mention of (Y/n).

"Never insult a Hufflepuff's friend, Ron," said Lee Jordan sagely. "They're fiercely protective, they are."

"Not to mention that what you did was uncalled for," Seamus added, looking annoyed on (Y/n)'s behalf.

Ron groans. "Shut up, Seamus. You laughed at what I said, too!"

"What did (Y/n) do?" Asked Oliver, leaning towards Lee for answers.

Instead of responding, Lee just raises an eyebrow. "You know her?"

"Yeah." It was Oliver's turn to look at him questioningly. "How do you know her?"

"She touched the giant squid," said George with a grin. "Really impressed us with her professionalism."

"What?"

Percy, Oliver and Harry had said at the same time, looking alarmed. Ron almost choked on his chicken.

"Were you tickling the giant squid again?" Questioned Percy, who looked more concerned about the giant squid than anything else.

"If you wanted to show her around, you should have started with something smaller," chided Oliver, now slightly glaring at the twins.

Harry agreed with him. Something less intense would have been preferred, but leave it to the twins and Lee Jordan to show the giant squid to a first-year Muggle-born.

"She was fine," said both twins offhandedly.

Before the Gryffindor table could descend into chaos via Percy and Oliver going on a rant, the doors to the Great Hall slams open, and Professor Quirrell appears, looking terrified and pale.

"Troll! In the dungeon!" He shouts, running towards the High Table. "Troll in the dungeon!"

The Great Hall was blanketed with deafening silence, everyone taking in the professor's words as they stared at him in disbelief.

"Thought you ought to know," he added, before promptly collapsing on the floor.

The Great Hall was suddenly filled with shrill screaming and rushed footsteps.

△⃒⃘ ⌁☍ ❾¾

"I'm learning how to play a ukulele," you said to Hermione, watching as she took a bite out of the apple you gave her. "Dad says I'll get more practice during summer."