𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞

It was finally the holidays. Students were bundled up in their thickest coats as they exited Hogwarts with their trunks.

You walked beside Hermione, planning to see her off unlike Harry and Ron who were currently preoccupied with their game of Wizard Chess in the Great Hall. Just before she could go out into the frosty air, she looks at you.

"Look after those two while I'm gone," she said. "And send me a letter if anything happens. Happy Christmas, (Y/n)."

"Happy Christmas to you, too, 'Mione."

You engulf her in a hug, planting a small brief kiss to her cheek. Hermione's smile widens as she did the same, warming your heart.

You wave goodbye to each other before she finally descends the stairs, her bushy hair coming out of view seconds later. You sigh, having missed her already.

"(Y/n)!"

Seamus and Dean were nearing you, also carrying their luggage. The latter looks at your simple combination of thick sweater and pants with a perplexed expression. Even with the sweater you were clearly underdressed for the weather.

"You're not going home for the holidays?" He asked.

You shake your head. "No. I'm planning on exploring the castle. Maybe I'll discover secret passageways and hidden treasures."

"Tell us all about it when school starts again," Dean said, clapping you on the shoulders. "Happy Christmas, (Y/n)."

"Happy Christmas, Dean."

You give him a brief side hug and kissed his cheek like you did with Hermione. Dean says nothing, only grinning as he rubbed the spot where you had kissed him.

You then turn to Seamus, who looked both uncomfortable and annoyed for some reason. When you move closer to him, he turns a little pale. You hug him tightly and kissed his cheek too. His face turned from pale, to pink, then to red.

"Happy Christmas, Seamus!"

"Y-yeah," he replies, still flustered. "Happy Christmas."

You wave at the two as they went outside, watching Dean nudge Seamus and him doing the same with twice the force necessary.

Behind you, Oliver emerges from the crowd of students, also carrying his luggage. His scarf hid his nose and mouth, but the crinkles in the corners of his eyes told you he was smiling when he spotted you.

"Staying for the holidays?" He inquires.

You nodded. "I'm staying for Harry." You gave his luggage an appraising look. "You're obviously not staying. Where will you celebrate Christmas?"

"S'not that far. I actually live right here in Scotland."

You hum thoughtfully. "I hope you have a great holiday. It's exciting to spend Christmas here. The trees in the Great Hall are huge!" You exclaim with a grand gesture.

"The decorations are beautiful," he admits. "Hope you'll have a great holiday as well. Although..." He looked down at his feet for a second, before cocking his head up with a smile. "My holiday break would be better if you gave me a hug before I left."

You blink. "Really?"

When Oliver spreads his arms out, you figured he wasn't joking. Your head barely reached his shoulders when you embraced him. Coupled with the height difference and your short arms, the hug was slightly awkward as you decided to grasp onto his jacket instead. Oliver was patting your head like a puppy.