𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐬

"Guess who I saw in Borgin and Burkes?" Harry asked as all of you climbed the Gringotts' steps. "Malfoy and his father."

"Did Lucius Malfoy buy anything?" Mr. Weasley inquires from the back.

"No," said Harry, "he was selling—"

"So, he's worried," said Mr. Weasley in satisfaction. "Oh, I'd love to get Lucius Malfoy for something..."

Mrs. Weasley sends him a sharp look. "You be careful, Arthur," she warns while entering the bank. "That family's trouble. Don't go biting off more than you can chew—"

"So you don't think I'm a match for Lucius Malfoy?" Said Mr. Weasley indignantly, before he gets distracted by the sight of Hermione's parents, who were standing by the counter anxiously, waiting to be introduced.

"But you're Muggles!" Mr. Weasley exclaims to Hermione's parents, both looking taken aback by his enthusiasm. "We must have a drink! What's that you've got there? Oh, you're changing Muggle money. Molly, look!" He pointed excitedly at the ten pound notes in Mr. Granger's hand.

You had to exchange yours as well, so when you pull out your own Muggle money, Mr. Weasley was over the moon. The twins had to drag him away when he wouldn't stop gushing over currency.

"Meet you back here," Ron said to you and Hermione before the Weasleys and Harry were led to the underground vaults by a Gringotts goblin.

You spend the entire exchanging currency process being introduced to Mr. and Mrs. Granger and catching up with Hermione. She had a lot to tell you about the advance studying she's been doing all summer. You didn't understand half of it, but you patiently listened to her as she talked. It was nice to see Hermione being enthusiastic about something, even though it was over books.

Back outside of Gringotts, all of you separated. Percy went to buy a new quill, the twins spotted their best friend, Lee Jordan, and left with him, Mrs. Weasley and Ginny went to a secondhand robes shop and Mr. Weasley took the Grangers off to the Leaky Cauldron.

"We'll all meet at Flourish and Blotts in an hour to buy your schoolbooks. And not one step down Knockturn Alley!" Mrs. Weasley shouted at the twins' retreating backs.

"That's a shame," you said, strolling down the cobbled street with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "I wanted to see what it's like."

"Trust me, you don't," said Harry. "Hey, do you guys want ice cream?"

He bought four large strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice creams and all of you happily ate them while wandering further up the alley, examining the glass front windows. Ron gazed longingly at a full set of Chudley Cannon robes in one of the windows of Quality Quidditch Supplies before Hermione dragged the three of you off to buy ink and parchment next door.

In Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop, you found Fred, George and Lee stocking up on a lot of things for their pranks such as Dr. Filibuster's Fabulous Wet-Start and No-Heat Fireworks to name a few. Lee attempted to surprise you with his pet tarantula but was disappointed when you embraced the creature with open arms. But he did manage to make Ron scream in terror, so it wasn't all that bad.

In a tiny junk shop full of charming knickknacks and dusty shelves, you found Percy, deeply immersed in a book called Prefects Who Gained Power.

"I wish I had everything planned out like you do, Percy," you stated sadly.

"You're still young," said Percy while patting your head, "you have plenty of time to figure things out. But I supposed thinking about your future this early would benefit you."

"A study of Hogwarts prefects and their later careers," Ron read aloud off the back cover. "That sounds fascinating."

"Go away," Percy snapped at his brother.