𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰

The stars were already visible by the time you reached the Weasleys' house. Mr. Weasley parks the car in the front yard before everyone got out. Their home was well hidden. Trees and hills surrounded the entire place, making it hard for anyone else to see.

Your owl starts screeching again, already flapping his wings in anticipation. Right, it was his nightly hunt at this hour. You give him a small kiss before setting him free.

"I'll be taking your trunk inside. You'll be sharing a room with Ginny in the mean time," said Mr. Weasley as he hauls your trunk from the car. "You don't mind, do you?"

"Not at all," you reply. "I'd like to get to know her better."

"I'm sure you'll get along," he beams before proceeding to go inside with your trunk.

You scan the surroundings first to take it all in before looking at the house itself. It was several stories high and had at least five chimneys on top of the roof. It looked about ready to fall apart any second but seems to be held up by magic. You remind yourself that it probably was.

"It's not much, but it's home," said Ron as he scratches the nape of his neck.

"I love it," you said, grinning, before walking closer. Ron and Harry exchange smiles before following you.

There was a lopsided sign near the entrance that read 'the Burrow' and a pile of rubber boots and a rusty cauldron lay around the front door. You can hear pans scraping and footsteps inside.

Ron opens the door for you and shouts your name. "—here, Mum! She's here! Ginny, where are you?"

Ron proceeds to the kitchen while you and Harry stay behind. He was watching you closely as you inspect every little thing all at once.

The inside was warm and cluttered but everything had its place, from the stacks of books in the corner to the wool knitting itself on the armchair. There was even a grandfather clock, which you notice didn't display the time but pointed at locations where each of the Weasleys were. The hands even had their faces.

Seven of the hands were on 'home' but the other two pointed at 'work'. Before you can look at them closer, Ron comes back to the living room with his mother in tow. Mrs. Weasley's face lights up when she sees you.

"Oh, It's lovely to see you again, dear," she said with a soft smile. "I was afraid for a moment that your parents wouldn't allow you to stay with us."

"It's all thanks to your fudge Mrs. Weasley," you said with a grin. "It's as delicious as the ones you gave me on Christmas."

Mrs. Weasley's smile widens. "You can eat plenty more of them after din—"

There was a sudden explosion from upstairs followed by shouts and ringing laughters. Mrs. Weasley's face sours and she was already getting into a rant as two soot-covered redheads come down.

"Clean yourselves up before dinner," she nags, wagging a finger at Fred and George. "I told you to be careful with your explosions. You almost scared—"

"Girlie!" Exclaims Fred as he sees you standing beside Mrs. Weasley. He was the only twin who called you by a nickname. "It's nice to see you again."

"Wash your faces. Now!" Said Mrs. Weasley as she shooed his sons to the kitchen.

Fred winks at you and George ruffles your hair when they walk past you. Mrs. Weasley follows after them, still reprimanding the twins. It was funny how tall they were compared to their mother, and yet they shrink considerably when she scolds them.

Mrs. Weasley then goes back to the living room, her kind face returned. "Come on now, let's have dinner."

The table is full with dishes of Mrs. Weasley's cooking, each of them smelling great and making your mouth water. You sat between Harry and Ron, choosing to listen to the chatter instead of talking as you stuff yourself with food. It sounded like a signal caught between stations and you couldn't make sense of what anyone was saying.