fifteen

fifteen

Ella's eyes were as wide as the full moon outside. She covered her mouth with her freshly painted nails, "Holy shit."

Luke nodded, biting his lip as he added a layer of pastel purple onto his pinky finger. "That's what Cy told me. Then, a few hours later I went exploring, you know me. I found it."

"Tiffany & Co.?" Ella asked, trying to move her hair from one shoulder to the next without getting her dark red polish in her brown locks. 

"That's not the point, but yes, of course." Luke smiled, letting a small chuckle leave his lips, "It's only been six months. I don't feel like I'm ready to marry him, El."

"I ship you guys so hard, fuck." She laid back on Luke's bed, stretching out her legs to rest on Luke's lap. "Just talk to him about it."

"I'd be throwing Cy under the bus. I can't already break his trust, I feel like I just gained it." Luke sighed, resting his hand flat on his bed sheet. 

"I know what you mean, I just don't know what to tell you."

Michael had Cyril in a head lock. "Tell me what you told Luke," he said in fits of giggles, ruffling his brother's hair simply to bother him.

"Nothing!" He let out a high-pitched scream as Michael started to tickle his sides. Cy tripped over their coffee table, tumbling to the ground with his older brother falling half on top of him, half on a few binders.

"You did! He looked scared to death when I came down! I know that boy, and he never shuts up." Michael rolled over, now laying on the ground of their spacious living room. He took out a loose binder from under his sore back, turning his head to look at his only family member left. 

Maybe the stupid blonde was right, Cy just needs someone to talk to. 

"You're annoying," the brunette laughed, placing a hand behind his head. 

Michael leaned over, taking the television remote and turning down the movie they were only half-watching. "How have you been, Cy? I don't want, like, a therapist answer, I just want to know."

"It's been hard, Mikey," he whispered. His face contorting from pure happiness to pure sadness.

"You can always talk to me, you know. Even Luke would understand, he cares about you a lot." Michael rolled over on his side so he leaning against his elbow and facing Cyril, "I wasn't kidding when I told you I want Luke to live with us, I really want to spend my life with him."

Cyril let a corner of his mouth ride up into a half smirk.

"Is that what you told him?!" Michael had his mouth opened, his eyes just as wide. "Dude! I trusted you!"

"I had to! I wanted to see his reaction!"

Michael rolled on his back, letting out an elongated swear from his mouth. He turned back to face his little brother, "What was his reaction?"

"I think he was surprised, definitely deep in thought for the rest of our breakfast." Cy sighed, sitting up once more. "I want him to be in this big house, too. As long as I don't have to hear another night of you two doing it."

Michael blushed, "No shame at all. You know I love my blondie."

Luke cuddled next to Ella as she turned off the light, leaning her head on top of Luke's. "But can you imagine living in Mike's mansion instead of this place."

"You're so snobby," Luke joked, pulling the covers up to his cold body. 

"Remember that New Years party two years ago at their place? That was amazing. Their house is like a hotel. A beautiful, castle-like mansion." El closed her eyes, imagining living in a place like that.

"It's pretty cool, but they have no style. Nothing matches there. I don't think I'll be able to live in such a place," Luke sighed, he, too, was coming up with scenarios of living with Michael. 

Luke wanted to wake up next to Michael every morning, letting a soft kiss linger to Mike's pale chest. He wanted to make breakfast in the kitchen, plates laying on the island that was much bigger than his current apartment. He wanted to do little things, like complain about the laundry that needs to be done and the blankets that needed to be folded over the couch. He wanted to host parties and get wasted on the weekends. 

He was hopelessly in love with his boss and he didn't regret it at all.