thirty two

thirty two

Luke snored loudly, his left arm above his head, his right on top of his stomach. He stayed home from work once more, complaining of a sore back.

It was the beginning of August, he was sweating to death in only Soffee shorts and one of Michael's singlets. The material was rising over the growing bump when Michael walked in, dropping his bag to the floor.

The older man went straight to the fridge, looking for a snack before looking for his family. He grabbed a container of yogurt and silver spoon.

The maid was in earlier, he could tell because the counter glowed and there weren't any dirty dishes lying around anymore.

Michael made his way under the archway of the living room, a spoonful of the dairy product in his mouth as his eyes caught site of Luke. The pale belly was protruding more than he remembered.

He dropped to his knees at the side of the couch, moving Luke's hand and replacing it with his own. His fingers curved at the top, looking at the very visible shape. Mike started to shake Luke's shoulder slightly. "Babe, look."

Luke opened his eyes, slightly started by the hands on his stomach. He sat up a bit, trying to pull his shirt down.

"No, look!" Mike gestured to the bump.

"Oh, look, I'm fat."

Michael rolled his eyes, "Look at it!"

"What is it?"

"It's our baby!" Michael pulled Luke's long legs until his feet rested on their stone floors. Luke groaned, not wanting to be moved. "Hi, baby," he spoke to Luke's very small stomach.

"It doesn't have ears yet."

Michael waved his hand, shushing Luke. He placed his head on Luke's stomach once more. "I love you very much, and I can't wait for you to be here in February. You can call me Daddy, and that loser over there can be Mom, okay?"

Luke hit his head, "I am a boy."

Mike got back up on his feet, straightening out his clothes. "I'm gonna check up on Cy, change, then let's have a movie night."

"Bring Cy down too?"

"Yes, Princess."