eleven

eleven 

"How do you misspell 'December'? It's not hard!" Luke shouted as he looked at their website, "Someone fix this!"

"On it!" Ella yelled from across the room.

Luke rolled his eyes at their ignorance as he started to stand up, fixing his light blue pleated skirt in the process. "Be back in five," he told the team as he took steps into the hallway. Sometimes Luke needed some space to breathe.

He pulled his floral crop top down more. He was uncomfortable with the large gap of skin showing between the seam of his shirt and the belt of his skirt. His black ankle boots made clicking sounds as he entered the men's bathroom.

His entire life, he has gotten questions about his gender—which he doesn't mind. What does bother him, though, is when they ask questions about his sex life or which bathroom he uses. 

Luke is a man, he likes to be called a man. He just likes girls clothes, there's nothing wrong with it, there's not even anything complicated about it. It's just a clothing preference. 

He's comfortable with his gender.

He laid his Kate Spade bag on the grey counters, unzipping it to reveal his chosen lipstick for that day. It was a matte jet black shade, one of his favorites. The only thing he hated about lipstick was the color cracking after only a few hours to reveal his baby pink lips underneath. 

Luke's style is black and expensive, so when he wears two light items of clothing, he always has to tone it down with darker shades of makeup and accessories. 

He pulled the black beanie closer to his root line as re-zipped his purse, throwing it back over his shoulder. 

With a satisfied smile, he left the bathroom once more. 

Michael leant against Luke's desk in his typical casual day clothes. A flannel and jeans lined his body, extremely unprofessional. 

After Luke ignored every single message Mike sent out, Michael decided just to come into the office and both him in-person. 

The oblivious blonde walked in, furrowing his colored in eyebrows when he saw his boss sitting at his desk. "Am I getting fired?"

"Do you want to?" Michael retorted.

Luke shrugged his shoulders, "Not really." He kicked off his shoes underneath his desk before hanging up his purse on the back of his chair. 

"Good to know, I'm taking you out to lunch." The dark-haired boy looked around the cubicle, a few pictures were on his desk, lots of random snack foods, a few nail polish containers, and some already popped bubble wrap. Michael could imagine sleep-deprived Luke sitting here half past eight popping the bubble wrap, it just seemed like something the tall boy would do often.  

"But, I'm working." Luke threw his hands around, showing the office space at which he sat fifty hours a week. 

"First of all," Mike moved the mouse on his laptop, "you were shopping at Forever21. Second, I control your hours and pay, let's go."

Luke smiled like a child, he'll use any excuse to procrastinate. "Let me get my shoes back on, then we can go."

"I'm so done with this week," Mike sighed as he moved over, giving Luke more space.

"It's only Tuesday."

"Exactly!"

The two sat in Mike's car an hour later. "So, where are you taking me?" Michael asked from the passenger seat of his SUV. He was slightly afraid of Luke's driving as the blonde made a quick left onto a crowded New York street. 

"It's called Theresa's Pizzeria. It's, like, all I ate in college." Luke bit his lip in concentration as he looked for street parking.

"It's greasy pizza, why would you voluntarily—?"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." The blonde tried to back into a spot, almost causing an accident in at least three different ways.

Michael released a breath that he didn't realize he was holding in. "Did anyone ever tell you that you're a shitty driver?" Michael asked, turning off Twenty One Pilots from the car radio. 

Luke laughed, "All the time." He opened his door, jumping out onto the pavement. There was a thin layer of snow on the ground, slush at every curb. Luke was obviously very upset about this considering his new, black shoes were going to become a pile of dirt any minute now. 

Michael watched as he jumped over every pile of dirty snow, finally meeting Michael at the front of the pizza shop. The dark haired boy debated taking Luke's hand in his own but decided against it, much to Luke's dismay. 

Mike held open the door, letting the tall blonde walk in-front of him and into the heated shop. A college-aged girl met them at the counter, her eyes lighting up when she saw Luke standing in front of her, "Luke, babe! It's been awhile."

"You know me," he smiled, reaching over the counter to hug her. "Michael, this is Taylor. Tay, this is Michael."

"Oh," her eyebrows raised, "your hot boss?"

"Dude." Luke glared at the snickering girl as Mike smiled at his feet. "Ignoring that, can we just get the usual?"

She wrote down their order, handing it to the kitchen, "It's on us. It'll be out in a few." Taylor smiled at the two boys.

Luke grabbed Michael's hand, dragging him into the back of the shop. He sat lightly in his seat, crossing his legs over one another. "Taylor's mom owns the shop, and she's kind of infatuated with me."

"I don't blame them," Michael said, a smile on his face. He looked up at a blushing Luke, who was mindlessly playing with the rings on his fingers. 

Taylor came minutes later with two drinks and their pizza. She gave a nudge through Luke's hair, messing up his once perfectly set beanie. He gave her the finger, pulling down the dark fabric over his ears once more. 

"This is probably the best pizza in all of New York," Luke swore, picking up a greasy slice. "I gained ten pounds from just this in college. I have no regret."

"Where'd you go to college?" Michael asked, trying to figure out how to pick up the food. He wasn't given any silverware, so he knew he had to use his fingers. 

"Vassar College, it's a super tiny one outside of Highlands." Luke took a large bite of the pizza, his mouth watering at the taste.

"Holy shit, that's like a twenty percent acceptance rate. How'd you get in?" Michael folded the sides of the pizza, trying to copy Luke. He held it up to his mouth, trying to not gag at the sight of layers of grease falling from the food. 

"Mom was a professor for a while." Luke laughed at the sight of Michael trying to eat the pizza. "Do you want me to get you a fork and knife?"

"Please."

The duo went through the typical awkward first date questions, because after all, this was their first date.