Chapter 5: protection

*-Shiro-*

I woke up to fine Keith nowhere to be seen. "Keith?!" I then herd a crash coming from the bathroom. phew he's just in the bathroom. moments later he emerges from the room and walks back to the bed "m...rning." he says placing himself back into the warmth of the bed.

"paladins to the training room... time for team building!!"n came Allra's voice over the coms. i pick Keith up and place him on my hip... if he wasn't so tired then he would be embarrassed. once we were there I opened the door and walked through "Keith you aren't a baby so would you please get down so we can start." there was no answer before she tried to pull him off me causing a loud whine to emerge through the entire room. "that noise?" was all she said before she went and sat down. I had to step up "well lets get the training exercise on a roll." everyone nodded their heads "would you like me to take him?" it was Alfor so I nodded my head and he took Keith from my arms as I began the training.

i took a while but we had finished the training, i walk over to Alfor to find them both asleep... the room erupted into little awwwww's as Allura came into the room. "PALADINS... time to go to make strategies!!" Keith shot up with a loud yelp. "what is your problem... you Cleary did that on purpose." she turned around and said "opps didnt mean to scare him" she left the room with a giggle. "i-im sorry!!" Keith said as he ran out of the room. i didnt run after him. "ill let him cool down for now."

"are you stupid... have you seen how he has been acting... do you really think it would be a great idea to leave him on his own in his state!!" Lance shouted at me before running out of the room. damn it why do i always mess things up? ill just go to help Allura with her strategies.

*-Lance-*

how could he be so stupid? i run after Keith as fast as i can and half way he disappeared. damn it i have lost him. by what he has been acting like i would say that he is a little... which is bad because he may have slipped into little-space and may be lost right now. "Kieth... bud don't worry you are not in trouble!!" there is no response. wait i look up "cameras!!" i run to the control room and up to the main computer "what do you think your doing Lance?" Allura asks "finding Keith." she gives me a dirty look. "Look Allura i don't give a damn if you don't like it but currently Keith is wandering around the ship... alone with no way of directing himself... oh i forgot to mention he is also in little-space!!" Shiro looks alarmed before running to the computer to bring the cameras up "what is ?" "when someone's mental state deteriorates or they go through immense trauma at a young age they are able to regress if not helped... his mental state at the moment has regressed to a child... possibly a toddler." she looks shocked at first "so now i have a toddler on my castle... that's just great." she says sarcastically. shiro growls at her and she backs away. "i know who to contact." Alfor says and walks out of the room.

After around an hour Alfor returns with a man. he was quite tall and looked like... a galran? "Father why have you let a..." "SILENCE... it is your fault we are in this predicament at this current time if you are not going to help find Keith then return to your quaters and dont return!!"

 it is your fault we are in this predicament at this current time if you are not going to help find Keith then return to your quaters and dont return!!"

"right to get streight to the point... this Kid has little chance if he is in Little-space so we may want to hurry because he may be extreamly scared... i will take the top floor, Lance the 5th, Shiro 4th, Antok 3rd, Ulaz 2nd, Regris 1st, and the rest of you take the below floors, we do not rest until the child is found... do you hear me!!" the room was filled with "Yes sir" as everyone including myself left the room.

*random person on the below levels*

it took us a while but we have searched the entire bottom floors and have found nothing so now we are going to stay near the entrences to the floors just in case the kid comes by using an elevator... once we were all in position we stayed here until we were signaled other wise.

*-Regris-*
I have searched all of the store rooms and found nothing so I'll look through the rooms next.
He is not in the infirmary, training room, nursery or any of the spare rooms so I'll keep an eye on the elevators just in case he comes down or up.

*-Ulaz-*
Not a single noise. It's quiet. I have so far looked in all of the main rooms and have the storage rooms left. *sniffle* wait what was that? I walk to the direction that it is coming from. A vent? "Guys I have sort of a reading on the kid I can hear sniffling coming from the vent it is clearly too small for anyone to fit in so he is on the floor or floors above me." they all answer with we will continue to look before the cons went dead.
The kid must be so scared. "Hey kid can you see at all where you are?" The sniffling stopped "dark oom." Was all I heard. Are they sure it isn't an actual infant because it sure sounded like it. "Do you know what floor?" "Now I wran and did no oook am!" He says burying into tears again. "It's ok there are people looking for you... do you think you can make a loud noise or something so you are easier to find?" There was a small noise which I guess was his way of saying yes.

Who could do this to someone so young I thought every creature no matter the race protected their young.... apparently not.