chapter 8: A Kit is...

*-Keith-*

he left us saying that he had work to do and would see us later. Bute seriously what is a Kit? "Hey Shiro... what is a Kit... may people have called us this, but never told us?" he looked at me before picking up a blanket "I'm *yawn* not sure we will have to ask the blades when they get *yawn* back..." he trailed off at the end because he was tired... i am not surprised because i myself am quite exhausted. however, someone has to keep lookout for us... we don't know what they are capable of. i shuffle myself over to Shiro to keep watch. i also silently play with the lion i found before. its so cute and soft... it reminds me of the puppy i had back home with Shiro... she was a Lhasa rapso and was extremely fluffy. i used to put bows on her tail and ears. she used to also sleep with me when i was scared or lonely. which was all the time, because i didn't want to be annoying for Shiro. i already bothered him too much with the annoying noises i used to make.

*-Kolvian-*

i am now on my way to see the Kits. i walk through the door to see them when i saw Shiro ast asleep but Keith was still up, he was sat playing with the stuffed Lion. "Hey Kit how come your still awake?" he looks at me and replies "nwo..." he was definitely lying to me... but why? I walk over to the pen and walk into it. "Are you sure you aren't tired?" He shakes his head and continues to play with his lion. Someone walks into the room and laughs "what's wrong little one? Shouldn't you be asleep by now?" The kit shakes his head and continues to play.
Suddenly the other Kit wakes up and Keith instantly yawns. Shiro nods his head and shuffles towards where the Kit is and places the blanket on the now lying down kit. Why if he was tired did he not sleep. Shiro now takes the place Keith had with him. "Aaaa I see why now... they are still defensive so they took turns watching whilst the other was asleep. He must have been exhausted." The kit just started at me nodded his head and started to play with Keith's hair.
It was rather adorable if you ask me but oh well. "Kit I promise he is going to be safe." I say as he looks at me confused. Before I go over to where they are and the kit begins to growl. I pick Keith up and make my way to the pack room to put him in the nest. I hear Shiro still growling in the background. "Sir we can not calm the kit down. We tried what worked before and it had no affect on the situation." I nod my head and tell him to stay with Keith. I then make my way to the Kit.

Once there he begins to growl even louder. "Shhshhh it's ok Kit he is safe and in the pack nest as we speak. Do you want to come and see him?" He furiously nods his head before lifting his arms. I pick him up while chuckling as I make my way to the pack nest.
"See he is completely safe." He looks before nodding his head. You know kit we would never harm anyone as young and as innocent as yourselves." He cocked his head to the side in confusion. "What's wrong?" He kept his head in the same position. "Your a kit... you know that right?" He continued to keep his head in the same place. "You know what a kit is right?" The kit shook his head. "Oh my... I guess I will have to tell you..."

*time skip brought to you by your lovely reader*

*-Shiro-*
WHAT!!! They think... I'm some sort of child a toddler no less. I am certainly not a... as I was thinking I looked to the right to see a mirror. "Aaaaaa" I scream as I shuffle away and begin to cry. They... I'm a baby!!! What happened? Why am I like this? I was normal until... suddenly I hear a loud whine. I look up to see Keith was awake... and I woke him up. "I'm sorry..." I said as he shuffled his way to me and hugged me "it's ok...your ok Shiro I have you... what's wrong?" I begin to cry as I pointed at the mirror.
Keith looked in horror "I thought..." was all he could manage. "What are...?" I look at home and cry some more "they call us Kits. We apparently are the age equivalent to a toddler back on our planet. Where a baby may be 2-3 in galran culture it's a lot higher than that. You yourself are only just a toddler. Some families would even colder you still a baby." He looked shocked. "They lied...?" I shook my head "they never really lied.. they just never told us anything. They just expected us to know." How could we. They can't even understand us anymore for god sakes!!" He shouted "that's the thing Apparently we make noises that signal what we want for example when we purr we are extremely comfortable and feel completely safe. Or when we make a whine we are with distressed, worried and many other things and they can just tell by the type of yelp or whine we make." I say as he begins to nod our head. "We finally have a home now don't we?" He asks "yes... a place that won't hurt us in any way for being different because they know why we make these noises and how to help us when we do." He smiled as he made grabby hands at Antok "what's wrong little on.." Keith hugs him mid sentence as they both hug each other. Suddenly something fills the room. Is that? "So you finally feel safe young one. I'm glad youe feel that way."
We are now safe. Safe from prejudice, abuse and we are now understood. This is what we have been asking for for years and now we finally have it. Even if they aren't good at communicating.

Atleast now we know what a Kit is...