chapter 7: what is a Kit?

*-Shiro-*

i had the strangest dream... Keith was lost and these purple people came to... well that's just great i say to myself as i look up and see that i am lying in between the purple men. "Keith?" i ask softly to get a hum in response... "are you ok?" he nods his head and cuddles closer to me causing bot of us to mke another weird sound. i place my hand over my mouth... "its ok Kit, those are not wird or strange... they are the noises of a Kit and don't let anyone tell you other wise." i look up to him and do something strange... i put my arms up to him. Kolvian just laughed before reaching for me.

he picks me up and places me on his hip and begins to claw my hair. *purrrrrrrrr* wait what was that. i lift my head up a little too quick as it comes into contact with his head causing me to whine out in pain. "shhshh it ok Kit, i have got you... it was an accident." i slowly calm down before i hear another wine... "looks like it is time to take them to the med bay?" Ulax asks and Kolvian laughs and lifts me up whist Keith is picked up by Regriss. "but were not hurt?" he ignores me and continues his journey.

once in the room Ulaz walks over to the counter and picks something up. i didnt know what it was until Keith began to whine and scream "nooo get away from meee!!!" i begin to growl as he began to go limp "why did you do..." before i could fininsh he looked towards me then i saw the needle. "why would you do that he is terriefied of needles!!!" i shout as he brings it closer to me as i begin to whine like Keith did. "m scared!!" is what is hout before he stops... "its ok Kit it will only hurt for a second..." he says before nodding to another blade who walks over to me and begins to sing. her voice was so sweet that i was not focused on my surroundings. before i felt a pain in my arm "oww" i yell before I began to feel tired "wh ...oo... doooo. at" my words were slured before i sucomed to the darkness.

*-Kolvian-*

Shiro is finally asleep, before i talk again, "atleast we know what will calm Shiro is scared, but Keith... We will have to work that out." I pick up Shiro and we walk towards the nest.

i place Shiro down as Antok places Keith down as we sit round the nest not daring to step one foot into the nest. "do you think we shoul have done that?" "will they still trust us?" "will they still be able to communicate with us? I mean I know they will make their Kit noises, but will they express them to us?" I stop the discussion "everyone, the Kits may hate us they may not but at the end they are nothing but children, torras at the most..." (toddlers) everyone begins to smile as they remember what a kit is like... we have been so focused on work and the war no one as any children as it may be too dangerous for them, "maybe they will be good for out pack? we have always lacked the necessary will power on missions, maybe they are exactly what we needed?" I say as they all look at me and nod their heads.

*-Keith-*

my head hurts... I whine as someone picks me up and tries to usher me to wake up "little one its time to get up." who is he talking to like that? "wwww rrrrrrrroooooooooo" is all I get out. what the, why cant I talk. "ssssswrrrr" I begin to cry as I am not able to talk "shhshh its ok Kit your safe..." I continue to whine before i feel a hand on my cheek "its ok Keith, your ok" I look up to find Shiro, but he looks smaller and more Galran looking "you can understand me?" he nods "they dont seems to understand us though..." he looks at me with tears in his eyes. I try to comfort him like he had for me and we ended up hugging... we hear a lot of awws before we turned around and giggled as we saw people falling over each other.

suddenly my tummy began to hurt as I began to cry and whine which startled the people in the room. "what is wrong" suddenly a strange sound was heard as the other began to giggle as they picked us up "I someone a little hungry?" nooo i'm not hungry!!!! I get angry. they look us to another room that is attached to the place where the nest was and something gets shoved into my mouth... its so nice!!!

I begin to gobble the rest of the food down, as i hear another giggle, I look in the direction of the noise and I find Shiro giggling. "do you feel better now Kit?" I nod my head and do grabby hands to Antok as he picks me up. "how about we take you to the nursery? I asked Kroella (don't know how to spell her name) to clean the room and she has just informed me it is not clean and ready to be used." we leave the room and walk down the halls as we get awws and coos. once we are in the room the place us down in what seems to be a pen pf some sorts. I look around and see a red Lion in the corner of the pen. is pretty I shuffle over to it as I am unable to crawl or even walk for that matter and pick the lion up.. it was a plushie. I squish it and it is so soft. I begin to giggle and it calms me down "I guess that answers our question of what would help Keith calm down." I look at him as I tilt my head at what he had just said. "well I had better be off, I have some paperwork to be done, see you later Kit" What does Antok mean 'Kit' they keep calling us that but i don't really know what it means...

what is a KIT?