Chapter 8

*Nobody's POV*

Core lunges forward and slashes at a Sans standing in her way, reducing him to dust.  A bunch of Sanses summon gaster blasters and bones in front of me but Core does something Ink doesn't expect.  Instead of dodging the blasts like she normally would, she charged right through them with no regards to the damage that soon followed.

3
Error!Frisk     96/99

At first, Ink was confused at why so much power did so little damage, but then it occurred to him that the sudden increase in LOVE may have also greatly increased Core's stats.  Though he didn't feel anything from it, the familiar twinge of fear tugged on his soul.

As Core approaches Ink, more gaster blasters and bones appear.  Like before, she doesn't bother to dodge the attacks and charges right through them.

4
Error!Frisk    92/99

She swings her knife in a wide slash, dusting two of them before stabbing another's soul.  She pushes him over right before bones fly into her side.  She falters a little in her advance and is surrounded by blasters in an instant.  Many blindingly-bright, colorful lights envelop her body.

7
Error!Frisk     85/99

Growling, she fires strings out of her fingers, latching onto dozens of the souls in front of her.  She forces the Sanses in her control to summon blasters and fires them at Ink.  A bunch of other Sanses summon blasters of their own and fire them to protect their Creator.  The blasts collide in a brilliant flash of light.

In the light, Ink loses sight of Core.  He whips out his paintbrush and splashes light green paint all around him in a shield.  A portal appears to his right and Core hops out through it, slashing her knife sideways.  The blade of the knife slices through the shield easily, splattering green paint everywhere.

Now, she's close enough for an attack.

Without hesitation, she takes it, raising her knife above her head and swinging it downward.

Ink sidesteps the slash, dodging the attack.  Core slashes again, Ink being in a terrible position for another dodge.  This time though, a Sans in shiny, metal knight's armor and a red cloak appears, blocking my knife with a glowing, light blue sword.  To Core's surprise, this Sans overpowers her easily, knocking the knife out of her hand.

As he raises the sword to swing it down on Core, Core forms another knife and then brings it up to her head to block the glowing, light blue blade.

"As I expected," he says, almost monotonously.  "You're not Frisk.  At first, I was scared when Ink called me, but now I can cut you down knowing I'm not hurting Frisk."

"Aw, how sweet of you," Core growls.  "Well, I hope your Frisk doesn't take depression too badly."

Core kicks Sans in the shin making a loud clang ring out.  Sans winces slightly at somehow feeling pain from a simple kick despite wearing full armor.  Core then knocks Sans's sword away.  Sans's left fist glows light blue as it connects with Core's face.  Core doesn't even flinch from the punch as she smirks and slashes upward with his knife, rotating her hips and slicing upward, right through his soul.

He drops his sword before falling to the ground on one knee and clutching his chest.  The blade drops to the ground with a loud clang.

"That's one less to deal with," Core says.

Core doesn't wait to see if he had dusted completely before charging at Ink again.  She swings her knife at him, but he sidesteps it, narrowly avoiding the blade of the knife.  Before she could turn to take another swing, a large boney fist hits her in the side.