Lets see where this goes

*kings P.O.V*

It's been a few days since the meeting and the incident in the park. George has basically been ignoring me. The only time we're together is during meals, and he doesn't always show up. I should be going back to Britain in the next few days. There's supposed to be another meeting later just to clear things up.

-time skip to after the meeting that night because fuck trying to write about boring meetings-

After the meeting George takes me to a bar with his friends. None of them liked me and this one guy, Alexander I think his name was, kept glaring at me. I stayed by George's side, taking a seat next to him. He orders drinks for the 5 of us.

Laurens, Hercules and Alexander chug theirs down one after the other until they're to drunk to keep their heads up on their own. George gets up and helps Hercules into a carriage to go home. While he's gone Laurens and Alex start making fun of me and calling me names.

"John, I think the king has a thing for President Washington." Alex says.

"I can believe that." John agrees.

"I don't.." I mumble, my cheeks starting to turn a light pink.

"What did you say? Speak up." Alexander.

"Nothing.."

"So you do like him?"

I hide my face in my hands. "Son, stop tormenting him please." George finally has returned.

"Don't call me son."

"Yeah yeah I've heard." He takes a drink.

"We got him to admit something though."

"What could he have possibly told you."

"He has a crush on you."

"Francis? Is that true?"

I unhide myself from my hands to defend myself. "No. No its not. It's a lie. I-"

"Alexander, I think you and John should get home." George buts in.

"Alright, sir." He mumbles and grabs John by the hand to drag him out.

George takes another drink. "Now that they're gone, do you like me Francis?" He asks one again.

"I-I" all I can do is nod since I cant speak.

He takes my hand gently. He takes me back to our carriage and helps me inside it. He sits next to me and waves for the driver to go. After we start moving he wraps his arm around my waist to pull me closer to him.  This is the first time he's actual acknowledged me for the past few days. And its not just him acknowledging me. It's him hinting at me.

He stares out the window shyly not wanting to look at me. I turn his head towards me and plant a kiss on his lips. I wrap my arms around his shoulders when I feel his snake around my waist.

George pulls away to speak, "would you like to continue this when we get back?" He asks.

I nod shyly wanting to know how this will go. He smiles at me and I smile back. I cuddle myself into his side for the rest of the way. The moon being the only light in the sky.