Welcome

This is the day I go to America to meet with the President. He invited me to talk about the war with France. It's probably just a trick but, I want to see George. I sit in my bedroom waiting for my servants to get my luggage.

The sky was a dismal grey. The wind howled making it colder than if should be for the middle of autumn. I pull the fur around me as I'm escorted to the boat. My hair refuses to stay behind my ear so it hangs in my face. Ive been told multiple times today that I need to fix it.

This is my first time on a boat. The rocking is calming and relaxes me. I sit looking out across the ocean. I write down everything. The sky has cleared and is now a shade of orange signifying the end of the day. I go to my bed and lay. The wind still blows and the boat still rocks. The combination soon put me to sleep.

**********************************************************************************************************************

"Sire, we've arrived." I'm alerted that I'm in the new country.

I go to the front of the boat. New York City.

I get off the boat and the President stands waiting for me. He's much taller than I thought. My height only reaches his shoulders.

He smiles and holds his hand out to me. I shake it. "You'll be staying with me while you're here." He says leading me to a carriage.

"President-" I start.

"Call me George," he looks out the window.

"Um.. Okay, George. You.. You can call me Francis." He smiles.

His smile makes him all the more handsome. I blush at it. Everything about him makes him look attractive. His eyes sparkle in the sunlight. He's strong but seems gentle.

George snaps his fingers to awake me from my daze. I look away quickly. The heat in my cheeks rise more out of embarrassment.

"You alright, Francis?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"Well, we're here."

"Good."

He gets out and hold his hand out to help me. I get out myself and walk past him to look at the land. It's beautiful. Tall trees surround the house. It was two floors and huge. My palace was bigger but still. George comes up behind me.

"You like it?" He asks.

"It looks nice."

He looks at me. "You look better," he states casually and walks off toward the house.

I stand there and watch him. My face has to be the shade of a tomato. I look at the ground and follow him to the door. Once we're inside he leads me to a guest room. I look around. When I turn around to talk to george again, he's gone.