Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Sweet Memories

Khushi was sitting in a corner with her both hands lying on her sides. She is nervous- very nervous. She was struggling to put words but her ego prevented her from taking any favour from his side.

While Arnav, who is pretending to be busy reading the newspaper but entirely attention to his lady love. Her hesitation, nervousness and dilemma is clearly analysed by him. Her hazel eyes were so lost as if they couldn’t see.

He cleared his throat and made eye contact with her but she immediately tore her gaze.

“Are you okay?” Arnav was the first one to break the silence.

"As if you care?"

“Of Course I do.”

“No- you -are- not.” She charged by showing a finger preventing him to near her. He stop on his track but couldn't hold himself asking her

“I know you in and out tell me what is bothering you?”

“Haww when did you see me in…” He gave her an unbelievable look and then tilted his head to hide his smirk from his crazy wife.

“That’s the other thing.” He indicated her toward something but she is too naive to understand.

“Other thing?” She pressurises her pea size brain. He looked at her innocence with awe. Sometimes he feels like eating her like his favorite strawberry ice cream.

“Will you say it directly instead of rounding me. I am not as sharp minded as you."

“Well thanks, atleast you admit you are dumb headed crazy girl.” He laughed at her comments.

“How dare you call me dumb.” She got up from her place ready to give one punch to this extra smart raizada but upon realizing her current state, she dropped back on her seat quitely.

Color drains her face. She has no idea what to do. With whom she should share her problem. There is no woman at this place. Except him, no-one would help her out.

Khushi relax, take a deep breath. He leaned toward her, making her shift back. Wiping off sweat from her face, he moved backward making sure not to make her uncomfortable.

“I will not do anything that may hurt you” She let out a chuckle.

“What more is left to hurt me. You already did everything to break me. Spare me now. I need space.”

“No Khushi. I can’t leave you in this state.”

“When you have no idea about my problem then don’t comment.”

"I know everything."

“Oh really. Will you--” He shut her up before erasing the gap. She gulped and he leaned near her ears and whispered something that literally passes current all over her body.

She was still staring at him in a shock state. He handed her a packet wrapped, gesturing her to go and use it.

It is sanitary napkin he bought as soon as he demonstrated her state.

“How does he know I am having monthly problems?” She wondered, staring at him silently. I never shared about it before, did I? She began to think and then one incident clicked her.

~Flashback~

“You know Khushi I hate those who are not punctual for work” On phone, Arnav barks at her, waiting for her in a street near to her house from past 1 hour.