Power of love

Chapter 11: Power of love

Khushi felt her heart may come out from her rib-cage. Blood drained from her face seeing her husband finding difficulty in breathing. She went pale. She doesn't know what to do and to whom to ask help. They live in an isolated place. No-one is visible to her.

Arnav is lying motionless without any movement. She wanted to cry, scream and do everything to break his stubbornness. He never listens to her and does whatever he likes.

"Please wake up" Her hand trembled seeing his state that is deteriorating by each passing second. Why are you doing this to me? I admit I made a lot of mistakes. I shouldn't judge you without knowing the entire truth. Punish me please. Why are you torturing yourself"

Goons left the place taking Nk a long time ago seeing her tigress avtar. There is not a single animal visible. Currently Khushi is screaming out for help.

I love you Arnavji. I love you a lot, Please open your eyes and see your Khushi is back to you. You always craved to hear those three magical words. Every single moment you waited for this moment. When I realised my love, why are you not willing to listen?" Her eyes pricked.

She placed her hand on his chest and pressed it two three times to bring some response. She even gave him CPR. But nothing worked. Irrespective of her failed efforts, she is firm in her belief. She has complete faith in her Devimaiya. Her idol blessed her with such a loving and caring husband, she won't dare to snatch it. She continues trying. But suddenly she senses his body turn cold. This scared her beyond endurance. She jerks in disbelief.

Stop it, Khushi. Don't think negatively. Stop crying and be brave. So what if there is no-one to help you. You are strong enough to fight your own battle. Stop showing your weakness and do something to save him. Till now it was Arnav who fulfilled every duty. First as a lover and then as a husband. Did he give up your love? No right." She looked at her Arnavji with love and then carefully took him off his lap and laid him in the grass. "I will be back. Do wait for me" she kissed his forehead and ran towards the streets.

"HELP" She stood at the road. Her heart is sinking as there is no-one passerby. Not a single vehicle is visible across a miles distance. She cannot waste a single second. "Think Khushi Think." She roamed her eyes speedily. Then something struck her eyes giving her a small ray of hope. WIth a super fast speed, she rushed toward the wheel where fruits and vegetables are placed. Unclear it all and drag it across the destination.

"Wah..Aj toh meri Bahu ne dil jeet liya" (My daughter-in-law wins my heart) Nanu admires his daughter-in-law with twinkling eyes standing in heaven while Akash smiles in tears.

Khushi somehow fetched him and took him to the nearest forest visible to her. On reaching, she ran her eyes for somebody. There is no clinic available in this locality. She lost her mobile somewhere. However, she doesn't know how to contact him. Thankfully she found two ladies. She pleads with them to help her.

"My husband is my world. Please save him. I have no one apart from him." With joined hands.

The ladies exchanged weird glances and told her something in a language she couldn't understand.

"Please help me." This is when they demand something very precious from her. They grab her golden coated mangalsutra demanding her in a sign language to remove it.

"No please no" She held her wedding chain tight not allowing them to rip it off. It became her necessity.

What an irony of destiny. There was a time when this chain made her feel sick. It is meaningless for her. You never know how important something is until you almost lose it. Tearfully, she looked at her Arnavji and then back at this thread. This is not just a thread, it is her power. When she didn't let Nk to touch her mangalsutra, how would she allow anyone to snatch it. No, she can't.