3: Declaratory Day

The Colonel shook each of them till their eyes opened up. He walked the men into the basement. It was there he began with the orders.

"Our friendship country, which goes by the name of Canada, has betrayed us. They have traded with the royal colony of Virginia, against our constitution. And they have struck again in the form of a fighting match ensued last night. I say we rebel! Put on your uniform and march to the town of Jodisburg. I expect you to fire." The Colonel said.

The men got in there ivory uniforms, scarlet hat, and latex boots. They marched through the forest the base was stationed, and marched. They marched through the puddles, the harsh grass, and pebbles of the tough Alaskan terrain. The snow began to fall around 7 in the morning. They marched on. It was 9:30 in the morning, the snow now seven inches deep, the soldiers freezing, when they put one knee each on the snowbanks. There was a dead end of log cabins, all in a row. They each pulled the muskets off their backs, and fired into the homes. The doors came off the hinges, windows shattered. Furniture was destroyed. A man came to the door with his shotgun and fired at one soldier, but missed and the soldier quickly fired back. the gunshot amputated the man's left arm ans he stumbled to the ground. At 9:45, the ammunition ran out and the soldiers retreated back on the path to the base. The house owners that were hiding ran out to alert the Mayor, Judas Texan.

Texan just stared. 

"They  fired  on you?" he exclaimed.

"It's true! My door came off and everything!"

Texan stared more. He pulled a bottle of whiskey out of his desk and drank a shot. 

"Out. I'll write ya." Texan said to the man drunkenly. The man rushed out to his next stop: The Gun Shop. Texan walked out to, into the courtroom. The board was interviewing a man on the scene of robbery of a farm, when Texan said, "Interview adjourned. We'll get back to you."

After a description of the man's story, the board voted on a declaration of war. Only one member said neigh. It was settled. The friendship of Alaska had only lasted eight years, but who knew the war would only last two years?