6: Canada's Death March

Over the course of the next month, it became certain that Canada was losing soldiers at an extreme rate. This lead to Second Sergeant Scott Partry and General White to meet in a courthouse. 

"Could we transition positioned soldiers from forts?" White asked.

"Great for Russia, they can sneak up and claim our best ones. Then we're dead meat." Partry said.

"How 'bout a transfer from the main country?"

"It would take at least two weeks, sir."

"I'm willing to take that risk.

And so, Partry gave orders for 3000 Canadian soldiers stationed in Canada to march and ambush Russia.

The first week was fine, when the struggle began.

Around day 8, soldiers began to run away, and the Majors sentenced to watch them threatened them with muskets. On day 10, one got a dysentery, and dropped dead. Later that day one fell down with heatstroke, and had to be rushed 30 miles to Fairbanks. Side note: He survived but got it again on day 12 and died. On day 11, most men had limps and the running away attempts began again. After going by Fairbanks, they picked up a cold, killing about 10 men a day along with 1 every other day from heat. Despite being Alaska, it was 50 degrees, to hot for natives of Canada. By Day 14, at the docking at Fort Joybeams, They had only 2863 men alive from the original 3000. Men were required double posts, and double orders. It was a shameful moment in Canada's history, and Canadians try to never walk more than 100 miles while some sort of other transportation again.

And while Canada was struggling to keep itself up, Russia was falling apart too...