16

two years later

a couple of months into our relationship, romeo and i had decided to split. we acknowledged that we were just so young, and that it was far too soon to be in a serious relationship; especially with his parents being who they were. it sucked, but i got over it.  we agreed to stay friends, but over time, that decision faded. he was still following me on instagram, and we still had each others snapchats, but i wasn't even sure i had his current phone number. after the break up, we still spoke almost every single day, but that soon turned into a couple times a week, and then maybe once or twice a month. now, i can't even remember the last time we had a conversation. 

the hardest part of it all was that i would still have to see him. my parents still worked for his, and i worked for my parents. plus, i never told them about our short lived relationship, so there was really no excuse. he asked me out after three weeks of knowing me, so it's not like they could've guessed. i thought we were in love. however, two years on, i'm sixteen now. i understand that it was just a school-girl crush. after we broke up, i never officially hung out with him again. for the first few weeks, i missed him, but i quickly moved on. i mean, it wasn't hard; not like we dated for years or anything. it just sucked that we never got a chance to try. 

i rolled out of bed, and slapped my alarm off. not much had changed- still getting up at a ridiculous time. instead of getting up and getting ready for the day, i checked my phone. i answered some messages, and then opened instagram. 

liked by cruzbeckham, victoriabeckham and thousands of others

romeobeckham ♥️ 

view 1,927 comments

i sighed, almost jealous? she was absolutely gorgeous. then, i fell down the rabbit hole that most people go down. i went to her account, then through her posts, and then through her comments. yep, they were dating. 

i went back through everything, and back to my main page. without thinking, and almost instinctively, i like the post. i felt my heart drop, as i quickly unliked the post, and even unfollowed him. as i did so, i noticed that the little blue button still said follow back. i almost felt bad, but realised it was time to officially move on. 

i turned my phone off, and put it into my school bag. i wore a black tennis skirt, a white collared shirt and a brown, sleeveless v-neck sweatshirt. i layered some gold jewellery, grabbed my cheetah print shoulder bag, and joined my dad downstairs. 

"you ready?" he asked, not looking up from his phone. 

"i always am."