The Response

"As the President of this Agency, it's my job to know everything about my members, even the people who want to be a part of it. You thought I wouldn't know?" Fukuzawa said.

I froze, my heart began racing as my mind began to race. I knew that sooner or later someone would find out, but I didn't think it would be so soon. I brought my thoughts together, unsure of how I was going to manage to say anything to him.

We sat there in silence for quite some time until I finally built up the courage to say something.

"You know, that's the thing. My past haunts me. Every single day of my life I live with constant fear, regret, and trauma because of it. It's not like I can so easily forget the past. I don't think I ever could. I just want a clean new start, I want to help people out. I know that'll never fix what I've done, but at least it'll give me a reason to live. If I can at least save someone as miserable as me, I'll die happily. This is why I've made up my mind and I want to join the light, something I couldn't do in the past. Please, this is the only opportunity I have to make up for my past mistakes..." I finish off mumbling those last words, scared to look him in the eyes.

Again, we sat there in silence.

"Y/n, you really do remind me of Dazai. Stick around for a bit." Fukuzawa said as he stood up and walked towards the door, holding it open for me.

I quietly stood up and walked out. Everyone was there, laughing and enjoying each other's company.

"Hey y/n, come join us! We all finished our missions for the day, so we're just chatting." Ranpo exclaimed as he waved at me.

I looked at Fukuzawa, and all he did was nod. I made my way towards them, sitting next to Dazai who looked pleased with himself. I punched him on the arm as I put my head on his shoulder.

"Hey! What was that for?"

"Shut up, you know damn well what you did." I mumbled.

He looked at me and laughed.

We all just talked after that, telling each other the most random stories.I hadn't felt so welcomed in a long time, and I knew it was going to take a while to get accustomed to.

Before we knew it, it was time for everyone to go. Dazai and I walked away from the Agency after waving everyone goodbye. He pulled me close to him and put his arm around me.

"Well, how did it go?" he asked.

"How did what go?"

"Don't act like you don't know, how was it?"

"Honestly, I'm not so sure... He told me to stick around for a bit." I replied, but left out the things we had talked about before that.

"I guess that means we'll see you around the Agency a little bit more." Dazai smirked.

We continued along the path and stopped for some mochi at this new place that opened.

"Oh um, do you want to stay at my place tonight?" Dazai asked, taking a bite out of his mochi.

"Sure, I didn't want to be alone tonight anyway."

He looked surprised at my quick response, but didn't say anything.

We arrived at his apartment and as soon as we got in I threw myself on his couch. I was exhausted for no apparent reason.

About 10 minutes after I had thrown myself on Dazai's couch, my body was pushed down by something heavy. I opened my eyes and saw that my view was covered by brown strands.

"Dazai get off, you're heavy." I managed to mumble.

"Fine then."

Suddenly my body was jolted up and then Dazai laid me down on his chest. He tightly wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

"Is that better?" he whispered in my ear.

I felt my face get warm, but I smiled and whispered "Yes."

We stayed like that for the rest of the night while watching the shows we loved. I felt like I was at home once more, and god how I wanted to stay like that forever...

Hey hey heyyy, I'm back! I barely post now but I PROMISE I'm going to try my best to update from now on, even if they're short ones :)