His View, From The Past

Today was exhausting, being paired up with Chuuya sucks. Everything about him just annoys me, even his presence. I sighed heavily as I got up from my desk & walked towards the elevator. As I was about to push the button, the doors open. Y/n was there, looking out into space. She usually isn't like this, maybe she's upset I didn't let her go with us on the mission.

"Hey y/n, everything ok?" I asked with a worried tone. She snapped back into reality & looked at me, then gave me a small warm smile.

"Oh hey Dazai, sorry I was lost in my thoughts hehe" she said. There was a small, sad tone in her voice.

"You didn't answer my question, is everything alright?" I asked again. She looked at me, & gave me a big smile. Maybe it was just my imagination, but it looked kind of forced.

"Don't worry everything is perfect, why wouldn't it be?" she said, but the look in her face said otherwise. She knows she can't keep anything from me.

I pulled her towards me, & gave her a tight hug. She didn't hug me back right away, but after a while she slowly wrapped her hands around me & I felt her tremble. I didn't say anything, we were just in front of the elevator, the empty hallway in front of us as well as behind. Y/n slowly let go, but I didn't let her go.

"Do you want to get coffee or tea at the nearby cafe?" I asked quietly. She gave me a small nod, & we went into the elevator so we could go to the main lobby.

We got out of there & started heading towards the cafe. It was night time, & the stars were out. I looked at y/n, only to see her looking at the stars. God, she was beautiful. I've never felt so attached to someone like I am to her.

She looked at me & asked "Is something wrong?" I smiled & replied, "No, you're just gorgeous." Her cheeks turned a pale color & she smiled.

We arrived at the cafe, & ordered our usual. The lights were dim, it gave off a relaxing vibe. Y/n didn't feel like sitting upfront, so we sat near the lounge in the corner. We were quiet for a bit, I was just looking at her until she looked up & asked me something unexpected.

"Would you still love me even if I were dead?" was the question she had just asked.  My heart dropped. Out of all people, I would've never thought y/n would ask such a thing. A million things started to go across my mind as into why she would ask that & what she's planning on doing.

"Y/n, why would you ask that...if you die, I'm going with you. There's nothing you could do about that, I'll love you till' the end of the universe..." I replied, trying not to say something that might trigger her.

She looked at me, then back at the cup in her hands. I reached out towards her, & brushed her hair out of her face. She didn't look up, but I saw a small, sad smile form on her face. We remained silent for a bit again.

"Can you stay with me tonight?..." she quietly asked.

"Anything for you." I gently replied. We finished our drinks & headed out towards y/n's apartment. Halfway there, I held her hand & brought her close to me. I want her to be happy, I'd do anything just to see that pretty smile of hers. If it had just remained like that forever...

Hey guys, this is Dazai's pov (for anyone that's confused), sorry for the short chapter I didn't think school was going to stress me out, also my mental health hasn't been the best right now, so I'm sorry if it take a while for me to upload new chapters.

Hope you enjoyed! :)

-nza