A Day In The Past

Time Period: A few years ago
Location: The apartments of Yokohama

"Y/n, wake up!"

I was suddenly awoken by Dazai. I slowly opened my eyes, still tired from my recent mission. I was completely drained, I didn't even want to move. I looked at Dazai with an annoyed look.

"Dazai, what could you possibly want right now?" I frustratedly said.

He looked at me with a concerned look.

"It looked like you were having a nightmare, you seemed... upset. I didn't know what to do so I just woke you up. I'm sorry..." he apologetically replied.

I looked at him & sighed. I gave him a kiss, & cuddled up against him. He didn't say anything, he just pulled me close to him. It had been raining, so the room was dark & you could hear the pouring rain from the balcony of my apartment. Dazai grabbed my hand & gently played with it. He had a warm smile on his face.

"Y/n, would you like to go somewhere today?" he asked.

I thought to myself for a while. My apartment was warm and cozy, and we had a mission tomorrow so all I wanted to do was stay in with Dazai until then.

"Actually, I was thinking that maybe we could stay in for today and watch the rain fall from the balcony..." I replied after a few minutes of silence.

I turned on to my other side to face Dazai. He softly laughed, & bopped my nose.

"Of course, anything for you."

A grin formed on my face as I stretched & sat up straight.

"Would you like some hot chocolate?" I asked.

"What kind of question is that? Of course I do! Whenever you make it, it tastes wonderful."

I felt my face get warm, & I gently slapped him. I got up & quickly washed my face. I headed into the kitchen shortly after to make us some hot chocolate. A sudden grip formed around my waist. Dazai put his head on my shoulder & kissed my cheek. I handed him his cup of hot chocolate and we got comfortable on the couch in the living room.

"Ah hot, hot, hot, hot!" Dazai gasped, waving his hand in front of his mouth.

I bursted out laughing at the sight. After what felt like a lifetime of laughing, I had finally stopped & we settled in to watch a short christmas special on the TV.

"So, y/n... I don't want to make you uncomfortable, but may I ask what you were dreaming of?..." Dazai quietly asked.

I froze, I was hoping he wouldn't ask. I stared down at the mug in my hands. I felt his gaze on me, but I didn't look up.

"I honestly don't remember, I know it wasn't something good though..." I replied.

A lie, I do remember what it was.

I remember everything, down to the last details.

Dazai & I were both there, we had gone out after a mission, & had encountered Odasaku along the way. A tragedy had happened, there was a car that had engulfed in flames, & the look on Odasaku's face wasn't pleasing. His eyes had lost their light, & his fists were tightly held together.

"Odasaku..." Dazai managed to say.

I just stood there quietly, looking at both of them, not being able to let one word out. Odasaku had said something, but I don't quite remember what it was. Dazai reached out towards Odasaku as he walked away, & just when he was at his reach, everything went black, & I was awoken by Dazai.

Oh how I wish I had said something that day.

Yahooo, I'm so sorry for posting so late! School has really drained me & I've lost all motivation to do anything, but starting soon I'll try my best to keep writing & editing this story! I also have another one that I'm trying to complete that I just might post on here ;) anywho, I hope you guys are doing well!
                         much love,
                                                nza~