Another Day With Him...

The sound of pouring rain was all I heard when I woke up. I was too scared to look to my left, I know it would break my heart even more... I layed there in agony, wishing that it was all a dream. Maybe it was, & you were really there with me. I was getting my hopes up, but I had to make sure for myself. I turned to the other side slowly, & surely... you weren't there.

Sunlight beams hit my eyes as I began to wake up. My eyes fluttered open, & I stared up at the ceiling. Huh, the ceiling looks different for some reason. That's when it hit me, I wasn't at my apartment. I shot up from the unfamiliar bed, & suddenly a whiff of coffee hit my nose. The coffee scent was too familiar... Ah, I see where I am now. I sighed in relief, knowing that I hadn't been kidnapped. Right as I was about to get up, Dazai walked into the room.

"Oh y/n, you're awake now, that's good. I made us coffee, I was going to cook something but you know how my cooking skills are hehe..." he laughed in a nervous tone.

"It's okay ahaha, at least you made coffee."

He handed me the coffee mug & sat down at the edge of the bed. Coffee wasn't my personal favorite, but when Dazai made it it would taste delightful. We sat there in silence, sipping our coffees. It was sort of awkward being with him alone after so long... I stared down at my reflection on the coffee & fumbled with the mug.

The silence was beginning to be unbearable. Dazai hadn't looked up once from the mug in his hand, he was just blankly staring down at it. I couldn't stand the silence anymore.

"Um... I'm sorry if I caused you any trouble last night, I didn't think I was going to end up falling asleep...."

Dazai looked up at me with a blank expression on his face, but then began to laugh.

"Y/n, it's fine, it's not like this is the first time it's happened. Plus, you look so peaceful when you sleep, it's gorgeous."

I shockingly looked at him as I felt my face get warm & looked away. I heard him get up from the bed, & walked towards me. He grabbed my face gently & turned me to face him. A soft smile had formed on his face, his eyes glowing with mischief.

"You're perfect, did you know that?" he smirked.

I looked into his eyes, not knowing where he was heading with this. This man is always full of wonders, I can never read him... He slowly brought his face towards mine & kissed me. I didn't question it, I just kissed him back. His fingers ran through my hair, & when we finally stopped kissing, Dazai had a stupid smile on his face.

"Do you have anything to do today?" he asked while still playing with my hair.

"I don't believe so... why? Is there something you want to do?"

"Yes actually, I want you to come with me to the agency today, I know the President would love to talk to you more."

I groaned, I know where he was heading with this now.

"Dazai, you're not slick, I know why you want me to go." I frustratedly said. He looked at me with a pleading face, & he's not the type to beg...

"Please? For me?"

I gave him a stern look, but then sighed heavily & put my coffee cup down.

"Fine, you win, don't expect me to stay there with you all day, it's just not my atmosphere..."

He satisfiedly smiled & walked towards the kitchen.

"I brought you some spare clothes, they're on the chair to your right." he yelled from the kitchen.

I looked over at the chair, where the clothes I had worn on our first date were. I froze, how did he manage to get them? I thought I left everything behind over there... I stood up & quickly got ready, not questioning Dazai about it.

I later then walked towards the living room, where Dazai was, laying on the couch with his favorite suicide book on his face. I dumbly smiled, he looked so cute like that.

"Hey, let's go, I'm ready now." I said, gently lifting the book off his face.

He looked at me up & down while getting up & smirked, but didn't say a thing.

We walked out his apartment, & made our way towards the Agency. On our way there, we stopped by the cafe to quickly get our usual along with scones & ate them by the lake. I had a temptation to push Dazai in the water because of his attitude towards me at the moment, but I decided not to.

We finally arrived at the Agency, where we were greeted by everyone.

"Oh, hello y/n, I didn't think I'd see you again, did Dazai force you to come along with him today?" Kunikida asked.

I shot a dirty look at Dazai, to which he responded with a sorrowful smile. I rolled my eyes & quietly laughed.

"Of course he did, this man is full of wonders. He's always doing something mysterious, it always makes me wonder what's going through his mind..."

"It's not only you, it's all of us as well..." Kunikida responded.

Before I had a chance to respond, Kunikida turned his attention towards Dazai, & began to strangle him.

"You fool, you're fifteen minutes late! How many times have I told you to be on time you suicidal bastard?!" he yelled.

I laughed as I saw Dazai struggling to get away from the grasps of his partner. I guess it's like this everyday... I'm glad he hasn't been alone throughout the years...

"Hello Miss, it's nice to see you around here again. Would you like to step into my office & chat for a bit? I know it's loud in here, it's always like this." a voice said from behind me.

I turned around, only to see the President standing there.

"Sure, I'd love to." I replied.

He showed me the way towards his office, where we sat down on the couch he had in the middle. It was quiet at first, he was sipping on his tea while I looked around the plain, but sort of interesting office.

"Y/n, tell me, why do you wish to join our Agency when your past is full of bloodshed?" he suddenly asked.

My heart sank.

How does he know?! Did Dazai say something? I'm going to kill him... My head started spinning, I didn't want anyone to know about my past, especially now...