thirty eight

fangirl
chapter thirty eight | no one's point of view.

"i've known you for seven months, and this is the first time we have ate, like out together," vinnie speaks up, after he takes a sip of his drink

eileen looks up in amusement, her eyebrows raising in shock. he just looks at her with a grin.

"well, no. we went out with my family when you came to washington," she points out. he just shakes his head.

"that doesn't count. this is like our first date," he mindlessly says, picking up his fork and swirling it around his spaghetti. he takes a bite in his mouth, and eileen looks over at him with a smirk and a mischievous spark in her eye.

"oh? so this is a date, yeah?" she teases, propping her elbow up on the table, leaning her head to lay in the palm of her hand. she looks at vinnie with a happy look on her face, just admiring him.

he chokes on the noodles for a moment before swallowing and coughing it up, sending eileen into a burst of giggles.

"i-i didn't mean it like that. wait- no! that sounded bad— i'm just"

"don't worry vinnie. i'd be pretty offended if you didn't count this as a date," eileen states, leaning over to take a sip of her water.

vinnie just stares back at her with a small smile. he couldn't help but feel giddy looking at the girl sat across from him. they were sitting outside of a simple cafe, a chill place to just lounge and drink coffee. they had just spent the beginning of the day driving around, and listening to music. they planned to stop at this cafe to sit and chill for a moment, before going to the venice beach boardwalk.

it had been about six days since they had went that small college party and kissed. they had just been hanging out every day since then. vinnie had even gotten to a point where he was staying over at her apartment some nights.

eileen is sat across from him, just looking at her surroundings with a small smile on her face. she was free of any makeup, and that's when he thought she was the prettiest. she had her long dark hair pulled into a messy, high ponytail. she had on a simple graphic tee, jean shorts, nike air force one's and nike socks.

"that dog is so cute! oh my god, vinnie, you have to look right now," she urges him, her eyes looking towards her left to see a golden retriever. vinnie couldn't take his eyes off of her, and he just sat there staring at her for a moment.

"idiot, you missed it," she teases with a small smile on her face. it's wiped off when she looks back at him, to see the boy just staring at her.