twenty

fangirl
chapter twenty | no one's point of view.

"i honestly didn't think you'd show up," vinnie sighs once they're in his bedroom

it's quiet. the only sound they hear is the muffled rap music that flowed throughout the house.

eileen tries to keep her cool. i mean she was in the bedroom she had been watching his live streams in for months. she just shrugged and leaned against the closed bedroom door while he sat on the edge of his bed, looking up at her.

"i can't believe you moved here," he points out and she just shrugs. "i like it, but at the same time, i don't." he furrows his eyebrows, urging her to go into more detail. she takes a deep breath. "it's just, i don't know. back in seattle, it was easy to not worry about everything you know? especially now that i have a following, i'm worried to go anywhere because i feel like i'm gonna get attacked for everything i do." he nods his and sighs. "yeah, i completely get what you mean. i still struggle with that. i think it's just an la thing."

she nods slowly. "i'm hoping it'll get better soon though. all of my friends are moving down next week." his eyes widen. "all of them?" she nods. "yeah. sam, dylan and tristan are all going to ucla." he nods. "and then halle and jessie are just moving down here. they've always wanted to." he bites his lip. "and you?"

"what about me?" she asks and he chuckles. "always wanted to move here?" she shakes her head and his eyebrows shoot up in amusement. she shakes her head again. "never. i mean, you know i think every one thinks about it, but i've never really wanted to. i've always wanted to live in new york or europe." he tilts his head in amusement. "really?" she nods, moving to sit in the game chair in front of his bed. "yeah. it's like a dream for me to visit europe. i would love to live there."

he nods. "yeah, it seems cool."

it's quiet for a moment and he sighs deeply, causing eileen to look over at him.

"i just want to apologize. for— well, for everything. i can't explain why i did everything, but just know, i regret it. and i'm really sorry." eileen shakes her head. "don't worry about it. you weren't in the right headspace for it. i could never blame you for putting your mental health first."

vinnie knew she didn't mean it in a sweet way, but he couldn't stop his heart from warming. as he looked at her, he realized how special she was. and how much he wanted to make her mine. but he knew it was just too soon to try anything. he had messed everything up, and he had no right to feel this way.

"so who have you been hanging out with?" vinnie asks, and after saying it out loud, he realizes how possessive it sounds. "i didn't mean it in like a weird way, just wanted to know," he quietly states and she laughs. "mainly the twins and james." he nods.