59

"S-say you're joking," Johnny said quietly, his heart dropping to his stomach. When Skeeter didn't answer, Johnny's eyes flashed red, his fangs and claws growing. He gripped Skeeter by the collar of green blouse and hoisted her in the air, slamming her harshly against a tree.

"Johnny, mate, calm down!" Ron said, tugging on his friends arm, but it was no use. The Alpha was too strong.

"Answer me!" Johnny roared, punching the tree close to her head.

"T-they found h-her body at P-Potter M-Manor!" Skeeter gasped, her long nails scraping at Johnny's hand. "T-the Dark Mark was cast over the house. Aurors are claiming it was the work of You-Know-Who's followers, out to finish what he started fifteen years ago!"

"Not a word of this in your shitty little Prophet," Johnny growled, his fangs and claws retreating as he dropped her. Suddenly, as though the weight of what Skeeter just told him was placed on his shoulders, he collapsed to the floor.

"J-Johnny," Harry said, at his cousins side in an instant. He too, was in shock, all adrenaline from the First Task washed a way as a pit of sadness washed over him. The aunt who cared for him, who took him from wretched Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon, who made sure he was safe, healthy and well fed, was dead. "J-Johnny, l-let's go."

"S-she's dead!" Johnny sobbed, clutching Harry's shoulder tightly. "M-my mother!"

There was loud thunderous footsteps approaching them. Onlookers gave them a confused look, some even gave Johnny a look of confused pity as he sobbed helplessly into his cousins shoulder.

"Johnny!? Johnny, what's wrong!?" Pansy yelled, running towards where Harry, Ron and Johnny sat on the grass. Johnny instantly moved from Harry to s0b helplessly into Pansy's shoulder.

"I-it's Evelyn,," Ron said, glancing at Harry who was staring helplessly into the distance, his own silent tears running down his face. "She's been found dead."

Pansy's arms that were wrapped around Johnny's waist and shoulders suddenly tightened. Of course, Pansy had never met her best friend's mother, but Johnny had told her how great Evelyn Grindelwald neé Potter was. Evelyn Grindelwald was an accepting, beautiful, brave, caring, cool, fair, fun, generous, hardworking, honest and independent mother. Pansy would even admit that Evelyn Grindelwald was a better mother than her own.

"Oh, Johnny," Pansy whispered, hurt by how sad her best friend was. "Let's get you up to the castle, alright? We'll go to the kitchens and have a cup of tea."

Due to special permission from Dumbledore, Johnny was sat at the Gryffindor table that evening. He was surrounded by Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, George, Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet, Seamus, Dean and Neville. They were all trying to comfort Johnny. Dean, Seamus, Fred and George were cracking jokes, Neville, Ron and Harry were reminiscing on the past three years at Hogwarts, Angelina, Katie and Alicia were trying to talk to Johnny about Quidditch next season, and Hermione was holding his hand.

"Babe, please," Hermione pleaded with a silent Johnny. "You've got to eat something."

"I'm not hungry," Johnny grunted.

"Johnny-"

"Hermione, for fuck sakes, leave me alone!" Johnny snapped, causing the people around him to jump back, even Hermione. "M-Mione, I didn't mean it!"

Hermione nodded silently, reaching for Johnny's hand again, but he stood up. He exited the Great Hall without looking over his shoulder. Johnny had no idea where he was going, that was until a voice stopped him in his tracks.

"I have heard your mothers dead," a cold Bulgarian voice said from behind him. "Good, one less Grindelwald the world has to worry about."

"I'm going to give you three seconds to walk away," Johnny seethed, clenching his fists.