79

Five Months Later
June 1996
It was a hectic five months for Evelyn and Johnny. Their face was plastered in every article of the Daily Prophet, their picture placed on every street corner in every Magical Community. Dumbledore had been working hard to prove their innocence, before he was forced to flee Hogwarts in April after Umbridge discovered Dumdledore's Army and the Headmaster was forced to flee.

Dumbledore had been hiding at Grimmauld Place with Evelyn, Johnny, Sirius and Remus. Molly, Arthur and members of the Order had popped in here and there, even Gellert had come when he received news his Daughter-in-Law was alive, and both Evelyn and Johnny were safe. Tonks, who had came straight to Grimmauld Place, broke down into loud sobs when she saw Evelyn and Johnny, and hugged them both tightly.

Currently, it was twenty past seven in the evening, and there was an Order meeting in place. There really wasn't many members there. Evelyn, Johnny, Tonks, Moody, Kingsley, Remus, Sirius and Dumbledore. Moody was in the middle of discussing how he was tailing Macnair, when Snape burst through the door, severely out of breath.

"Headmaster..." Snape panted heavily. "It's Potter, he's at the Department of Mysteries. You-Know-Who has lured him there and the boy is under the impression You-Know-Who has captured, tortured and killed Johnathan Grindelwald."

"As you can see, I'm not dead," Johnny said sarcastically, holding out his arms but the sarcasm masked Johnny's concern. Johnny stood up, placing his brown suede boots on, making sure his black skinny jeans were covering the top of his ankle, and Johnny rolled the sleeves of his white dress shirt up, before pocketing his wand and grabbing his blue denim jacket.

"Who's with Harry?" Evelyn asked, also preparing herself to go to the Ministry. Snape took a glance at both of them.

"Granger, Ronald and Ginny Weasley, Longbottom and Lovegood, I think," Johnny cursed under his breath. Johnny remembered telling Hermione that previous summer, that if anything was to happen to him, not to go looking for him.

"You're not going," Evelyn told Johnny sternly, when her son had made his was to the front door.

"Yes, I am," Johnny said, just as stern and he shoved his way past her. Evelyn grabbed for his wrist but Johnny yanked it back. "My girlfriend is there! Harry and Ron are there, and they're my brothers! You can't expect me to just sit here and fucking wait for you all to come back!"

"You watch your tone!" Evelyn snarled, shoving a finger into Johnny's chest. Her gaze softened when she met Johnny's pleading eyes. "Fine, you can come, but you be very careful."

Johnny nodded his head and followed his mother out onto the street, where he grabbed her arm and they apparated to the Ministry of Magic.

"Quickly, this way!" Tonks yelled urgently, having waited for the two of them to arrive. The trio rushed through the marbles coming at a halt in front of the elevator that would take them down to the Department of Mysteries.

"I always hated these fucking elevators!" Evelyn yelled in frustration, banging her fists against the golden gates, but that seemed to do it, as the elevator stopped and automatic voice announced they were on the right floor. The trio once again started running, and made outside of the door the rest of the Order was surrounding. Dumbledore, however was no where to be seen.

"Three, two, one..." Sirius counted down, before bursting through the door with the rest of the Order following behind him. Johnny saw Lucius Malfoy turn and raise his wand, but Johnny had already sent a Stunning Spell right at him. Johnny didn't wait to see whether it had made contact, but dived off the stone steps out of the way. The Death Eaters were completely distracted by the appearance of the members of the Order, who were now raining spells down upon them as they jumped from step to step towards the sunken floor. Johnny had managed to dive right next to Harry and Neville, who looked extremely relieved to see him alive and well,