Bad Wolf. Part 1

Italics for Gallifreyan
'Quotation marks for thoughts'
"Speech marks for talking"

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ 

The Guardian's P.O.V

Disorientated. That's all I could feel, well apart from nausea, bit of a headache and a slight feeling of numbness. Best not forget the elephant sized amount of confusion that seems to linger, other than that couldn't be better.

I soon realised that I wasn't alone here... where ever here is. It was the familiar presence of the Doctor, can't see him but I know he's there. This is probably his fault as well, he could have annoyed one or multiple species he's encountered over the years, it's always his fault if we are trapped or taken prisoner it's happened multipl-!

It seems I have been, quite literally, knocked out of my thoughts. We've both fallen out of a small thing...place..storage...cupboard. Yeah, cupboard that's the word.

" What is it? What's happening?" The Doctor's voice seems slightly slurred.

"Don't ask me, you've probably done something to cause this." My sarcasm went unappreciated as the Doctor only had a look of shock, only realising now that I too have been dragged with him.

He shuffles closer to me  and goes to speak when a feminine voice screeches in surprise.

"Oh, my God! I don't believe it! Why'd they put you in there? They never said you were coming." A female human. Our attention goes to her, well kind of, we are both quite unsteady on our feel and my nausea seems to have gotten worse.  I lean on the Doctor slightly for support, holding onto one of his arms subtly.

"What happened. We were-." He stumbles slightly, causing me to move with him. All this movement really isn't helping.

"Careful now. Oh! Oh, mind yourself! Oh, that's the transmat. It scrambles your head. I was sick for days. All right? So, what's your name then, sweethearts?"

This woman seems concerned and sympathetic towards us. She said transmat, that must mean... uhhh... nope not even gonna try, I can hardly concentrate, the sound of my twin heartbeats are almost deafening and I can feel myself shake. 

'Why am I so affected by this?'

"The Doctor, I think. This is (Y/N)." Nice to know I'm not forgotten. "I was, er. I don't know, what happened? How."

I stopped listening and focused on my breathing. My mind is fuzzy, no number of calming deep breaths is gonna fix that. I can feel the Doctor take a step and try to mimic this simple action. Sadly I fail and the slight stumble in my step causes my to tighten my grip on the Doctor's arm, well jacket now, my spatial awareness is not at its best.

In an instant I can feel a hand on both my shoulders keeping me steady and a voice, barely above a whisper.

"Steady there, I've gottcha, you're okay." I can make out the blurred face of the Doctor, I seem to be constantly wincing at the growing pain in my head, and the obvious concern that seems to grow.

"I am surprised they have let someone so young be chosen, but as you are a lot smaller it's to be expected that you feel the effects more than an adult." This woman wasn't helping, the Doctor seems fine now but I seem to be getting worse.

"Is this still from the transmat?" 

"No, this is something else. Something different... I don't know what's happening." I didn't realise till now how stressed I sounded. This growing pain is more annoying than anything at this point, it's been too long since I've dealt with the inconvenient effects that tag along with any kind of injury, why start now.