The Doctor Dances. Part 1

Italics is Gallifreyan
'Quotation marks are thoughts'
"Speech marks are talking"
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~
The Guardian's P.O.V
It turns out the Doctor has pushed me behind him, just as the patients are almost at touching distance. Next thing I know the Doctor shouts
"Go to your room!" The patients actually stop. 'I'm so stupid. They have the same mind set as the child. Fantastic!'
"Go to your room. I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross. Go to your room!" They all seem to hang their head in shame and shuffle back to their beds.
I let out a breathy laugh, looking at the Doctor in wonder. He turns around and looks at us with a stupid grin. So me being me, decided to comment.
"I'm really glad that worked." The three look at me. "Those would have been terrible last words." The Doctor and Rose laugh a bit, while Jack has a small smile, still probably confused at what is going on.
As our little moment passed, Rose sits by one of the beds and looks at the one of the gas mask  people, whilst Jack settles into a chair.
I can feel the Doctor's gaze burning the back of my head, I turn around and raise an eyebrow to him even though I know what he is wondering.
So to put his mind at ease I remind him once again that he will get answers by mouthing a quick "later". His gaze seems to soften and he puts a comforting hand on my shoulder, keeping me close.
I still find it weird having all of this contact with someone. I mean who can blame me? My parents practically ignored me, the council put me through hell with their so called 'training' and to top it all off my time on Earth has been a like a nightmare that I can't seem to wake up from. Darkness and pain seems to surround me, it's almost suffocating. But then like a miracle, I'm saved. But how long will it last?... no point thinking about that now, never know if the Doctor might hear something.
"Why are they all wearing gas masks?" Oh yeah, Rose is here.
"They're not. Those masks are flesh and bone." Nice Jack, what a way to put it. Rose now looked extremely uncomfortable. Luckily the Doctor changed the subject.
"So how was your con supposed to work?"
"Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space-junk... let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth. Convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put 50% up front, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for. Never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con." I scoffed at this drawing attention to myself once again.
"Yeah, perfect." My voice was drowning in sarcasm, but Jack still seemed confused as to why.
"The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners, Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day." Jack laughed at his own joke whilst me and the Doctor stare at him. We clearly want to make our disapproval well known, which I think we did, as his laughter died down.
"Getting a hint if disapproval." I roll my eyes and mutter "you think?" Only to hear a breathy laugh. I turned to see the Doctor trying to hide his amusement. I had to smirk, feeling proud, as he and Jack once again argue over the so-called " harmless piece of space junk." Also claiming he has no idea what is happening.

"I'll tell you what's happening. You forgot to set your alarm clock, it's volcano day." The Doctor seems really annoyed now. He really does take saving people seriously, I really do admire him for that, that makes me trust him even more, like I have found someone who finally understands me and my way of thinking.
A siren then goes off in the distance, causing Rose to ask what it was, which Jack replies with "the all clear".
At this I scoff " I wish."
The Doctor grabs my hand and we walk out of the walk. Well for me it's like a small jog, I only have little legs. We must have walked quite far ahead as I could hear Rose and Jack calling for the Doctor.
"Mr Spock?!"
"Doctor?"
I smirk and give the Doctor a side ways glance. He seems to sense my stare and can practically feel my smirk.
"Don't you start." He seemed slightly annoyed, but mostly amused. I just hold my hands up in surrender.
It's at that moment I notice how close the Doctor is standing next to me. Just within reaching distance and slightly in front, almost as if he is being protective. But..why? Ok, I'm not a complete idiot, I know we are the only ones left after the time war and I know what he did on the last day. I saw him. He had an old bag and I saw him get in his Tardis and dematerialise. I knew what he was doing but I didn't stop him, the war had to end... he really doesn't know. Who I am. What I have done. I have done worse things than kill an entire races. Seen worse as well....this is gonna make telling him who I am quite a bit harder. I just hope he didn't listen to all of the rumours...