The Parting Of The Ways (Kind of)

Italics for Gallifreyan
'Quotation marks for thoughts'
"Speech marks for talking"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Guardian's P.O.V

The walk to the Tardis seemed longer than usual. I didn't even feel with it, it was like I was spectating my own body.
The only problem was that time seemed to pass much slower, no matter how much I tried, I couldn't walk any faster.

I feel like I'm losing myself again. That awful feeling of being trapped in my mind and having no control on what I see, or if I can even stop it. This has happened many times before but it only really happened whilst I was in a dark place of my life ; dealing with my potential PTSD from the Time War, my time trapped on Earth where both my mind and limbs were in shackles constantly, and finally before the war. A time where I felt that everyone was against me, where everyone expected perfection from a person who couldn't properly comprehend the idea of perfection.
Well almost everyone.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time for a Flashback....oooh

Like usual I was awake before the rise of the first sun.

Silently, I get up. If I'm honest it is quite difficult with the constant aches and pains in my back and legs, all from my training of course. Whilst getting changed, I couldn't help but catch a glimpse of my back in the mirror in my so called room. (Its a bland room with a mattress with a thin blanket and a flat pillow all topped off with no foot room). The lashed on my back were already scabbing over, thanks to my quick healing. However, I know they are just gonna reopen again later, so they will end up scarring like all the others.

Now fully dressed, I sneak out of my room into the hallway and cautiously make my way out of the house. Even though my footsteps are silent, there is still a fear of my parents waking up. I really can't handle any additional interaction with them... well it is not really interaction, it is more me standing there whilst my so called 'parents' shout abuse at me.

Closing the old door, quietly as I can, I can now make my way to the war room at the council's centre. Making my way down the sandy path I begin my long journey, as my house is near the outskirts of Arcadia.

This is how my day usually starts; sneak out of the house and make my way to the city, by the time I get there the early risers are beginning to head out to whatever jobs they have. Its usually the traders who get up early to set up and collect the newest and freshest stock available from their providers. The deeper into the city I venture the more it comes alive, children are up and heading off to schools or the Academy, families or stay at home parents are out completing errands for the day. The streets are full of life, friendly smiles and curious glances at my small form.

You see, by the time people are more active I tend to cover my face with fabric to match my uniform and a pair of goggles to keep the sand from my eyes. No one realises how young I really am, they judge my height down to an unlucky regeneration, not a child soldier. If anyone found out that it was a Time Tot wearing the iconic uniform of the Guardian... well there would be riots, the usually peaceful citizens would be outraged.

I could easily use my regeneration energy to get me to my post within moments, but sadly I am forbidden. Apparently I need to "keep up appearances" to give the people of Gallifrey peace of mind. To the people I am more of a mascot, a symbol of hope that will protect the usually peaceful society.
No pressure then.

My journey continues as normal and my mood gradually sours as I approach my destination, the large shining structure at the centre of the citadel.
To many this was a place of importance, status and pride. However, I could not share the people's love and enthusiasm for my place of work, to me it was no different from the deepest dungeons of hell. Behind those magnificent doors there is only darkness, a place where all of Gallifrey's most horrific secretes was kept behind lock and key.