The Parting Of The Ways. Part 2

Italics for Gallifreyan
'Quotation marks for thoughts'
"Speech marks for talking"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Guardian's P.O.V
With the station still in trouble, we materialised back on floor 500. The Doctor leads, with the rest of us following after him, marching to the control desk.

"Turn everything up. All transmissions, wide open, full power. Now! Do it!" Those remaining look surprised at our sudden appearance, yet listen to him anyway.

"What does that do?"

"Stops the Daleks from transmatting on board. How did you get on? Did you contact Earth?"

From the conversation I can gather that with the transmission at full power we can stop the Daleks from transmitting onto the station. Sadly it also seems that we are on our own, Earth won't listen as the programmes have stopped.

Earth is just sat there defenceless, clueless to the threat that hovers over their planet.

Looking around at the people I noticed Lynda, the room we are in in practically empty so I can guess the Doctor asked for an evacuation. Yet for some reason she stayed. It seems she didn't want to leave the Doctor. I can tell that Rose isn't very happy about Lynda getting attached to the Doctor, but you can't really blame her as he did just save her from dying in a game show.

Even if she did try to leave, there would be no way for her to get to Earth. Round a hundred people are stuck here as there were not enough shuttles to get them all home.

"Oh my God. The fleet is moving. They are on their way." The male programmer informed us all.

Without hesitation, the Doctor started to destroy the desks, removing the wires. The humans look on confused, whilst I am fascinated at what the Doctor's plan could be.

"Dalek plan, big mistake. Because what have they left me with? Anyone? Anyone? Oh, come on, it's obvious. A great big transmitter, this station." The Doctor spoke so quickly that my brain couldn't keep up. I am not even sure I heard him right.

"Surely you aren't thinking what I think you are thinking?" My question was met with an excited smile from the Doctor and I walk up to help him remove the wires, still trying to figure out how it would all work.

The only human who seems able to catch up is Jack, so the Doctor gives him another hint.

"If I can change the signal, fold it back, sequence it, anyone?" The penny finally drops for Jack as he looks on in disbelief.

"You've gotta be kidding"

"Give the man a medal."

Jack still seems to be in disbelief as he speaks, "A delta wave?"

"A delta wave!" Is all we get from the Doctor, he seems quite excited at his own insane idea.

"What's a delta wave?" Poor Rose, she must think we are all a bunch of psychos, screaming about delta waves and all that nonsense.

I let Jack explain what the delta wave is to Rose, I don't really feel like talking. With the Doctor running around like a headless chicken and the threat of a Dalek fleet, I'm a bit confused at how he can be so optimistic. Even with two Timelords working on this wave, it would still take longer than the "Twenty-two" minutes we have.

Despite all of this, the humans have put their full trust in the Doctor and it seems we are going with his plan. Jack seems to be taking the lead on the whole 'battle plan'.