36

"i want to show you something"

i turned my head to look at the boy who had just walked back into the room, smiling at him as he spoke to me.

"okay then show me" i told him, sitting up straight so he could show me whatever it was that he was talking about.

he just shook his head at me though, "no, i have to take you there.

i leaned my head to the side, still keeping my gaze on him as he locked eyes with me. "consider it a date, but get ready now because i really want you to see it"

i shrugged, "whatever you say bub." standing up from his bed. i looked over to see that he had walked right back out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

i went over to my bags, looking through all the clothes i had with me as i tried to decide what i wanted to wear. settling on some brown dickies and a black jacket. honestly was just wearing this since it was the most similar thing to what nick had on, and i felt like making him twin with me.

i was brushing through my hair just as he knocked on the bedroom door. he must've not wanted to walk in on me while i was changing.

"i'm ready!" i shouted, so he could come back in. he opened the door and i turned around, locking eyes with him. the smile across his face was extremely contagious and i found myself smiling just as hard.

"you look adorable baby" he said, causing me to walk over to him and wrap my arms around him. he quickly pecked my lips and half turned to go back out the door.

"woah what's the hurry for?" i asked as he dragged me down the stairs and out towards his car.

i used my free hand to check all my pockets and made sure i had my phone and wallet, i didn't know he'd be in such a hurry.

"part of the date is time sensitive, i don't want us to miss it" i nodded my head and got into the car. he had just opened my door for me, once i was inside of it he shut my door and jogged over to the drivers seat.

he got in and started the car, "put some music on while i drive" he said to me.

i wasted no time in immediately blasting heat waves. i saw nick tense beside me and it only made me laugh harder.

"oh god, why this song?" he questioned, which only made me laugh more. "don't you want to sing to your best friends relationship song?" i quipped back.

he sighed but started singing along, the was no way to deny that the song itself was really catchy. the context of its relevance just made the whole thing even funnier.

i played different songs for the drive, switching from country, to rap, to taylor swift with no warning. nick practically got whiplash when i finished singing the entirety of wap to then screaming the words to champagne problems.

him laughing at my horrible singing voice only encouraged me to get louder and more obnoxious.

he turned down the volume a bit, "you having fun?" asking me through his laughs. i smiled right back at him, "obviously."

the drive continued like that for awhile, i wasn't even paying attention to where he was taking me. i was more concerned with what song i could play next so that i could continue singing at the top of my lungs. i even threw it back a little and played hannah montana for awhile.