48

my hand was met with the cool grass as i laid on my back on the blanket nick had set out for us.

i turned my head to the side to see the boy sitting up across from me, slowly taking things out of the basket he had brought along. he had finally taken me on a charcuterie picnic.

we were sat next to a cute little rose bush, he really
picked the sweetest spot at the park near our new home. i propped myself up on my elbows as i waited for him to finish setting everything up. i was so excited to stuff my face with strawberries and crackers.

"hey no peaking" he told me, causing me to lay back flat, so i wouldn't ruin the surprise, "you're no fun!"

i chipped at the remaining polish on my finger nails, trying to find a way to distract myself while i waited for him to finish setting everything up.

i knew what was coming, so i was incredibly nervous. i don't really know why. i loved him, he loved me. i was ready to tell him, and he was ready to tell me. it's kind of funny that he wanted to plan this whole thing instead of just actually saying it to me last night when he let it slip.

my dress was light and airy, and the warm florida sun kept me comfortable. i could do without the humidity, but i was glad it was mostly similar to back home.

i had yet to go to a florida beach, i had been to the east coast and atlantic ocean before but not in florida. everything was all new, and it was all so exciting. especially this cute little park. there were flowers everywhere, and the cutest little playground that was colored in pastels. truly a great spot for a picnic.

nick cleared his throat, "okay you can sit up now"

i did as he said, and looked at the beautiful assortment of foods laid out on a circular board. there were grapes, cookies, crackers, strawberries, salami, pepperoni, cheese, some jam, and a baguette.

i looked toward nick and smiled, he was holding a small bouquet of carnations and a bottle of sparkling pink lemonade. he was the absolute sweetest.

"stop this is so adorable!" i cheered, swiftly grabbing a block of cheese and putting it on a cracker. popping it directly into my mouth.

"mmm so good"

he copied me, grabbing some cheese and a couple crackers, "i'm glad you like it"

i peacefully picked at the board, enjoying the sweet strawberries and savory snacks.

i was sitting across from the boy of my dreams, at a beautiful park, in the new city we lived in with all of our best friends. i truly could not have been any happier than i was in that moment. everything in my life finally fell into place.

my career was going well, my friends were absolutely fantastic, and i had the best boyfriend ever who would do anything to see me smile.

i never want this to end.

~

liked by kaykayp and thousands of others farahfaye: having the time of my life, don't hmu

farahfaye: having the time of my life, don't hmu

tagged: sapnapinsta

view all 12392 comments

fanuser1: SHE GOT HER PICNIC

fanuser2: my parents are so cute i'm crying

fanuser3: the flowers 🥹🥹

kaykayp: i want the leftovers pls
|sapnapinsta: there won't be any
|dreamwastaken: um, there better be...

fanuser4: i bet farah set this up, there is no way a man is this thoughtful and cute
|farahfaye: idk i think i'm just lucky
|sapnapinsta: the doubt y'all have in me 😐

karljacobs: invite me next time, farah😄👍🏼
|farahfaye: sir yes sir!👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

-

okay okay okay i'm not okay!

i want crackers and cheese ..

one more normal chapter left! enjoy!