Chapter 1 - The Dilemma

[Recap] To a normal person, those might seem like empty words considering the situation. However, every last person on that battlefield knew every word held meaning. They were all positive team 7 would be back and better. The question was, how long could they hold out until then?

              Chilling air and the sound of wind rushing past team 7's ears woke Sakura and Naruto out of their unconscious state. They were still falling, however instead of through a dark portal, they were falling from the sky. Very high up it seemed, as they just emerged from the clouds. Naruto entered a state of panic. Before he could voice his panic, Sakura did it for him.

"AHHH," Sakura screeched, temporarily reverting to her old deafening ways. Naruto couldn't blame her this time though. He was just as stunned.

The trio continued tumbling toward the ground at high speeds. Sasuke was unable to activate his susanoo and protect them from the fall due to unconsciousness. This was probably a result of using too much chakra to change the portal. Without his susanoo to save them, limited options were left. They were nearing closer to the ground; closer to their deaths. Naruto then thought quick on his feet - or in the air. "Give me your hands!" he urged his teammate. Sakura did as she was told, firmly gripping his hands and grabbing onto Sasuke simultaneously. Warm, foreign chakra was then felt forming a barrier around them just before they hit a couple branches on their way to the ground. The result was the loss of a tree and a medium sized crater. Right after, unconsciousness took them once again.

When Naruto awoke again from the depths of unconsciousness, he found Sakura cradling his and Sasuke's heads in her lap. He listened as she hummed a melody while raking her fingers through their hair in a comforting manor while closing her eyes. Over the years, Sakura would hum to herself a lot, usually to reassure herself and her teammates of their safety. It created a peaceful environment often for team 7, including the most broody people - Sasuke and Kakashi. Even in this dire situation, Sakura had managed to make him feel peaceful. It was really comforting. After his romantic love for Sakura faded, they developed a sibling bond and he now loved her as an older sister. Just as Kakashi also did as a younger one. Sasuke had yet to return to accept anyone's love, however in all of their minds, they were all siblings; including  Sasuke. He wished he could bask in this calming atmosphere his surrogate sister created for longer, but he knew now wasn't the time to be relaxing.

"Sakura," Naruto spoke quietly, but still succeeding in making her jump. "How long were we out for? And what time is it," he questioned her, looking up at her. "I don't know exactly, but it was bright outside when we were falling and when I woke up the sun was setting. It set awhile ago actually," Sakura responded.

Sitting up, Naruto sensed for chakra signatures. When none turned up, his eyebrows furrowed. Sakura, who took notice of this, questioned him curiously. "I don't sense any chakra signatures," he explained, noticing the curious look she gave him. Sakura's eyebrows also furrowed. She closed her eyes to try to sense for something before her eyes shot open. It was true. There was still an abundance of nature energy however, there were no signs of chakra aside from theirs. Impossible. All living creatures had chakra. Even if it was miniscule, it would still be detectable. Unlike Sakura, Naruto was a sensory ninja, so if anyone would take notice of chakra signatures, it was him. Yet, the fact that there was none at all, unsettled them greatly. 

Many different theories flooded their minds. Naruto's thoughts were racing; so fast that it could've put a Nara to shame. It was possible the forest was deserted - highly unlikely though. This theory was quickly ruled out when a herd of deer emerged from the greenery. A genjutsu was his next thought. 'No, it couldn't be.' His chakra flow wasn't disrupted at all. Nonetheless, it was still worth a try. "Kai" he shouted while forming a hand sign and when nothing changed he also ruled out that theory. He looked around further and took in their surroundings. A forest? They were in a forest? There wasn't a forest in miles of the battlefield; all were destroyed. He retraced the previous events and then it hit him. They were in another dimension!

How could he forget, it was a huge occurrence yet he had forgotten. On the contrary, Sakura's memory was recalled almost immediately after awaking and let him come to his own conclusion. Naruto had just remembered that they fell into Kaguya's portal before they briefly passed out. It also never occurred to him that falling through a portal, especially one created by a Goddess and changed by the eternal mangekyō sharingan, could transport them to another dimension. They were surely in trouble now.

Not only were they in another dimension, but one without chakra. This was the last dimension humanly thought possible. Isn't chakra needed to survive? Everyone had assumed it was fundamental like blood. Though, now that they thought about it, if there were other dimensions, anything was technically humanly possible. This was absolutely crazy. If the circumstances weren't so dire, Naruto would be energetic as ever. However, with the current situation and his lack of energy, he withheld from doing this. He stood up and proceeded to look around some more. 

Hundreds of feet high stood luscious trees. The forest of death was nothing in comparison. It even put the height of the hokage monument to shame. The leaves on the tree were so abundant that few light beams past through. It was especially dark since it was night. The current atmosphere was quite unsettling as they were in unknown territory and the dangers were also unknown. They were both unsettled, but they knew as shinobi, they needed to keep a level head and think of a plan. Naruto turned back to where Sakura was currently sitting, with Sasuke's head still cradled in her lap, also analyzing their surroundings.

"It's getting really dark and we're in an unfamiliar territory. For now I think it's best if we climb a tree and get up early so we can scope out the area," Naruto suggested. Sakura nodded and said she'd take first watch, but he quickly protested and said she needed more rest, to which she hesitantly agreed. They then applied chakra to the bottoms of their feet and climbed a tree to reside for the night.

It wasn't uncommon for Naruto to get little sleep. His Uzumaki blood and increase of chakra from Kurama, the kyūbi [Transl. kyūbi: nine-tails], made up for the lack of sleep. As a child, the villagers continuously tormented him. This resulted in him living in constant fear for my life. However, as he grew older and saved more and more people, they began to warm up to him. It finally got to the point where people put their faith in him and trusted him enough to let me lead them during the fourth great ninja war. No way was he going to let them down when he had just gained their respect. Besides, what kind of hokage would he be to just give up and let my comrades die? He needed to get back. They needed to get back. They would and Naruto would make sure of it.

About an hour later, Naruto was still lost in his thoughts, while still alert incase of any danger when the ground began to shake. Very lightly at first, but it quickly grew immensely. Naruto found himself unconsciously tense. Sakura jolted awake, being alerted by the same commotion and the slight spike of his chakra. They both attempted to sense for the source of the quake when they remembered the lack of chakra in this dimension. After this realization, they settled on concealing their presences and staying as quiet and still as possible. As the quaking grew closer they saw it. A very faint outline due to the lack of light in the early hours of the morning. Although faint they could clearly make the figure out. What they saw was a human, but not just any human. A giant human.

1408 Words

Hey readers,

I had a lot of fun writing this chapter so I hope you enjoyed it. I'm really excited to write the next few chapters. Please give let me know what you think. Also if you're enjoying the story, please give it a star. Until next time!