Chapter 3 - Motive

Sorry for the late chapter. My week was really chaotic. Enjoy!

[Recap] They weren't sure their search would turn out to be successful. However, all they could do was hope, for this could certainly be their sign. A sign that there was hope for humanity.

              Team 7 jumped back from the incoming hand from the newly named titan towering over them. This had been going on for a few minutes yet the titan never seemed to let up. The titan continued sporting its unnatural grin as it kept reaching for the minuscule humans. Not knowing its intention was also frustrating. Having enough of this, Sakura charged at it with the intent to kill; but not before her teammates gave her an affirming nod. "SHANNARO," she yelled while giving the titan a deadly punch, sending it flying with a hole in its abdomen. It flew into a few trees which cracked underneath its weight.

Sakura's strength was a force to be reckoned with. She was always naturally strong, but her training with the female legendary sannin [Transl. sannin: legendary three ninja] increased it ten fold. Everyone acknowledged her incredible strength for what it was; including the moody Uchiha. So surely a punch like that surely would've been its demise. Right? Unfortunately that was not the case. Horror was written across their face as they watched steam rise from its once punctured abdomen to reveal a fully healed one. After its stomach was restored, it continued to pursue the trio as if nothing happened.

'Regeneration," the three thought simultaneously. This made things a lot more difficult. Though it was always amusing to fight against a new enemy, considering the circumstances, the trio was not enjoying this. Even Naruto, the high energy knucklehead ninja, was exhausted from fighting and wanted to save as much energy and chakra for their intended enemy - Kaguya.

Contemplating on her next action, she evaluated the situation.'Hmm, So the titan has regenerative abilities huh,' Sakura reflected thoughtfully. It was similar to the hundreds healing jutsu, but it couldn't be due to the lack of chakra. Something needed to be done in order to end this battle quickly. Everyone knew long battles could be extremely exhausting, especially against troublesome opponents. Quick thinking was something that all shinobi needed on the battle field and Sakura was no exception. Analyzing planning and executing was like second nature to her; she could do it in her sleep. She continued to evaluate the situation. 'Surely it has a weak spot right? If we can just find it we can defend ourselves from future titans. But where is it?'

Sakura slowed down, deep in thought. After contemplating, she decided that being grabbed by the titan would allow them to not only find out its intention, but maybe find its weak spot. She relayed the plan to her teammates and stood still, waiting for the titan to get closer in proximity. As much as the giant creeped her out, she knew she had to put her feelings aside and continue the plan. She was then taken a hold of in the firm grip of the titan. Naruto and Sasuke took offensive poses to rescue their female teammate, if need be, while scanning the naked body of the titan for potential weak points. They watched in anticipation as the titan slowly lifted the kunoichi in what they assumed to be curiosity. It was possible that it was curious about the miniscule humans and wanted to observe them up close. Unfortunately they were proven wrong again. It was hunger, with a sinister hunger.

They watched horrified as the titan's teeth slowly parted, presenting a gaping pit with small streams of drool trickling out. They quickly realized that it wanted to eat her. What great luck they had to end up in a dimension with a huge forest, cannibal giants and possibly no civilization. That could the lack of nearby civilization. What if they were all eaten? The trio gulped, but quickly got their bearings to take hold of the situation.

Before things could get out of hand, Sasuke flashed through hand signs quicker than most eyes could follow. Moments after, a bright blue ball like shape appeared in his hand, crackling and projecting sounds of thousands of chirping birds. It projected a blue hue on him and those near him. The titan momentarily stopped to look at the boy in what actually was presumed to curiosity this time. This gave him an opening. "CHIDORI NAGASHI, [Transl. chidori nagashi: chidori stream - one thousand birds stream]" Sasuke yelled as he extended his justu. In one swift move, Sasuke cut off the hand the titan was holding Sakura with. The huge hand fell towards the ground still clinging to the kunoichi. However, before it met the ground, Naruto pried its fingers off of her and they jumped away, meeting Sasuke on the ground.

Not as surprising this time, steam rose from the stub of the recently cut hand and was replaced by an identical hand to the previously severed one; also going up in steam. That settled it, they were not only wasting valuable time; they were wasting energy and chakra. If they were actually going to go back to their dimension, they needed to make actual progress. Now that they were aware of the titan's motive, it was time to search for its weak spot. 

886 Words

Sorry the chapter is a little shorter. I couldn't bring myself to type anymore. Also from now on I'll be posting on Mondays instead of Saturdays. Bye!