Chapter 5 - Progress

Heyy! I took a week off because I had a lot of work to do. However I made up for it by making the chapter a little longer. Hope you enjoy!

[Recap] After catching their breath, the voice of their blonde teammate broke the silence as he called out "guys." His teammates hummed in acknowledgment and he continued. "I have an idea."

              Sakura and Sasuke sat up and listened intently to what Naruto would soon announce. He first relayed the newfound information from their recent battle to Sakura, in which she absorbed the information quickly; she was top kunoichi after all. Not only would the information be crucial to the plan, but it could come in handy later. Naruto finished relaying the discovery and cleared his throat before speaking again.

"Upon defeating the titan, I developed an idea" Naruto spoke once again. 'Naruto? Another Idea?' Sasuke scoffed inwardly clearly skeptical. He knew Naruto wasn't stupid and was capable of devising plans, however he had already thought of a plan in the previous battle. He found it hard to believe Naruto could even develop a second plan, let alone before him. Nonetheless, he stayed quiet and listened to their teammate.

Naruto interpreted their silence as insurance to continue. "With the amount of chakra I have now, I should be able to maintain two shadow clones. I could make more, but it'd be better to make two since the other part of the plan needs a lot of chakra. The clones will henge into titans and walk around the forest to observe and will disperse if anything useful is found. The only thing is instead of evaporating into steam, they'll disperse into smoke, but it's kinda similar so it won't seem too out of the weird y'know?"

Sasuke was taken aback. Since collapsing on the grass along with his team, he hadn't even thought of a next move, let alone a whole plan. Then surprise turned to jealousy. He may not have been revenge hungry any longer, but he was still power hungry and jealous to an extent. 'I should be calling the shots' Sasuke fumed inwardly. Over the years, he had recognized Naruto's power and grew to respect him, hiding it away behind a cloak of resentment, but for that matter he also craved the power that Naruto had. Although he no longer hated Naruto – he never did for that matter - the inferiority he felt was still prominent.

Sakura on the other hand was both impressed and proud of her blond teammate. Naruto was commonly known to jump head first into situations with no plan; but was made up for with his ability to adapt quickly. However, here her reckless teammate was with a full plan. He sure was unpredictable. She was proud to have him as her teammate, little brother and her comrade.

"Umm guys... are you listening?" Naruto questioned after a minute of silence. His fellow teammates were snapped out of their thoughts realizing they had been zoned out.

"Yeah sounds good!" Sakura grinned a wide smile, showing her admiration; although it would never rival Naruto's smile.

"Hn." Sasuke responded forcing his emotions down, while projecting an indifferent aura. He was still an Uchiha after all.

"Great!" Naruto concluded while grinning. With a hand sign, two doppelgangers appeared beside the blonde. After poofing into existence, they swiftly henged into titans. One stood at a whopping 15 meters tall. This one also had large eyes accustomed by dark, sunken eye bags. Its frame was slim with its ribs slightly perturbing from its waxen skin. On its head rested short hair with a few bald spots. The other stood at 7 meters tall and looked very malnourished with a large stomach and deep sunken ribs. It had black beady eyes and shoulder length hair that was mangled in some places. Finally, the most recognizable feature on both titans was the inhumane grins adorned on their faces; it made team 7 cringe as they looked upon them. The 'titans' towered over the trio for a few more moments before carefully turning, as to not step on them, and disappear into the dense greenery to gather information.

"Alright team, let's get moving!" Naruto gushed enthusiastically, receiving a nod from Sakura and a 'hn' from Sasuke. The trio swiftly turned and ran at steady speed, to conserve chakra, in the opposite direction of the titans. They disappeared into the thick foliage.

════════════════════

As the scouting regiment neared the forest, they all had mixed feelings. The anticipation of a new discovery and the sudden unpredictable situation kept them on edge. It was as if they had just joined the scouting regiment for the first time again; which for some was a reality, however this time the mixed feelings were shared by the entirety of the army. When was the last time they felt this anxious? Surely just this morning they were worried for dangerous expedition but, now an unknown factor had come into the equation. It left them uneasy.

The army continued travelling in silence until they were just before the tree line. Stopping just before it they noticed small amounts of steam rising from the dense greenery. If the faint screams they could hear from before weren't proof enough, surely all doubts had been washed away with this sight; someone or something was in the forest.

The aura that radiated off of the army was almost visible. For many it was fear, for others it was unease; however one was more distinguishable from the rest and it radiated from three people. Commander Erwin, captain Levi, and captain Hange. Erwin and Levi kept up an apathetic front unlike Hange who was visibly drooling, though underneath all three held curiosity and determination for the unknown factor or factors they would soon come in contact with.

"Soldiers listen up!" The voice of Commander Erwin boomed before his regiment. "With the uncertainty of what we may encounter, we will stick together for the current expedition. If we encounter titans, follow your formations and eliminate them, but don't stray away or forget our new objective. We are to find the unknown factor or factors. Understood?" The regiment roared in agreement ready for their leaders next words.

"Alright. ONWARDS!" Erwin boomed once again before urging his horse to gallop at a steady pace for his soldiers to follow. The regiment temporarily pushed aside their negative emotions and put on a brave face to carry out their duty. 

1048 Words

Like I said in the previous chapter, I will be focusing more on the characters, as seen with Sakura and Sasuke, so the story isn't all events. I will also be including a language barrier The characters from Naruto will be speaking Japanese while the scouts and the characters from Aot will be speaking German.

Also, if you guys want me to include ships, let me know. Until next time!