The Reckless Love of God

Reckless  love  ~ Cory Asbury
       How He loves us ~ Kim Walker Smith

I love music. I have always loved music for as long as I can remember. I have come to realize that music has a way of touching the deepest parts of each of us. What intrigues me the most is that God can actually speak to us through music. Wow, isn't that fascinating.

      "He (GOD) is always saying something, speaking through it -breathing life, essentially." ~ Jylan, In Australia.

    I listen to gospel music a lot and I have found that I actually get to connect to God more in this way. There is so much a single worship song on replay can reveal. For starters, the two songs I listed at the top of this chapter, they revealed to me of How big God's love is for each of us.

      There is so much I never knew of HIS love and when I listened, really listened to those songs, it was like my eyes opened up and all I could see was the unfathomable love of God. He loves us so much that we can't even begin to imagine where His love begins nor where it ends. Well, God's love has no beginning and it knows no end. Imagine a love like that.

       He loves you, me... Us so much that He gave His one and only precious son to die for our transgressions that we maybe made whole and new. I mean, who does that? But He did it, for us. And if that is not enough for anyone to see the love of God, I don't know what is.

        "Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him.
But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."
Then Jesus told them this parable:
"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?
And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders
and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.'
I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
  15:1-1" ~ Luke 15:1-7 NIV

        Jesus teaches about the parable of the lost sheep. I never fully understood it until I listened to Cory Asbury's 'Reckless love'. God would leave the 99 sheep to go and find the 1 lost sheep.
Imagine this, you have 100 sheep, but 1 lousy one decides to go for a hike on its own and loses its way back. You, without a single second thought leave the 99 sheep that were obedient and stayed to go look for the lousy one that got lost. And when you find it, you carry it on your shoulders, ecstatic you bring it home, call your neighbors and friends to let them know that you found your one lost sheep. Wow.

     To me, that is the Greatest love I have ever seen and to be privileged to encounter such a force, it gets me giddy and I literally feel butterflies in my stomach. It is amazingly above and beyond.

    To you I say this, you are that one lost sheep and your Father in Heaven will always leave the 99 to come find you. He will never stop looking until He has found you, NEVER! He will find you, carry you on His shoulders, bring you home and throw a banquet because you are home. That is how reckless His love is. Not that it's crazy, no, it is just border less.

    The love of God changes us, for the better. My favorite verse in the bible is;

    "He lifted me up, and I felt stronger. He said to me, "Daniel, God loves you. Do not let anything frighten you or worry you. " " ~ Daniel 10:18

        Everytime that I feel like everything is going awry around me, I remember that God loves me, and because He loves me, He is for me. And if God is for me, then what or who can stand against me?

    Rest assured in God's Love. Because if God is all you have, then God is all you need.

    I declare and decree God's Love upon you, wherever you are. That you may see His love fight for you, go before you and win battles for you.

      Dear God, let them see YOU.